+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3GS activate without a sim card?

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
For some reason I cant start a thread in the iphone general forum. So Im gonna post it here. I have a Iphone 3GS that I just use as a
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Iphone 3GS activate without a sim card?
    For some reason I cant start a thread in the iphone general forum. So Im gonna post it here. I have a Iphone 3GS that I just use as a ipod now since I got my Iphone 4S. This morning I decided to upgrade it from 4.3.3 to 5.0.1. The upgrade seems to be fine. But now it wants me to activate the phone and keeps telling me to insert a sim card. But I dont want it on my plan. Is there a way to get it working but not as a phone?

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Checksum47 View Post
    For some reason I cant start a thread in the iphone general forum. So Im gonna post it here. I have a Iphone 3GS that I just use as a ipod now since I got my Iphone 4S. This morning I decided to upgrade it from 4.3.3 to 5.0.1. The upgrade seems to be fine. But now it wants me to activate the phone and keeps telling me to insert a sim card. But I dont want it on my plan. Is there a way to get it working but not as a phone?
    Not sure if this is correct, but I believe if you check "hacktivate" in redsn0w, it should trick it into being activated. Regardless, you should be able to use the phone without a sim card without modifying anything.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank you... seems to work now...
    Last edited by Checksum47; 02-13-2012 at 09:22 PM.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Glad to help

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way