+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: H7 Liquid Defender

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
It's a liquid film protector for screens. I'm just looking for information on this besides what available on their website. I haven't seen it reviewed by anyone or even mentioned
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default H7 Liquid Defender
    It's a liquid film protector for screens. I'm just looking for information on this besides what available on their website. I haven't seen it reviewed by anyone or even mentioned in blogs. Is this a scam or just something very new and cool? let me know if anyone has info...I don't want to be the first to try it on my new Iphone 4s

2. The Following User Says Thank You to burlap For This Useful Post:

kev4fun (10-22-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi, yes, I just recently got the Bionic Droid by Verizon and from what I can see it has worked very well. It was really easy to put on; I didn’t have the problem of laying it on perfectly so I didn’t get bubbles, instead, because it was liquid I was able to just polish it on. I also did the water test in which I just put a dab of water and it literally rolls right of the screen in one drip whereas without the defender, the water drop smears. So I can see the protection, now obviously if I drop it in water it won’t be totally waterproof but nonetheless I see the shield working. Now, because it is a liquid, you really don’t feel the texture or added thickness, which at first seems like is anything there?? But there definitely is and the water test helps to see that. I would definitely recommend it and with all the radiation scares with cell phones, it’s better to be safe than sorry.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bruin23 For This Useful Post:

kev4fun (10-22-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thank you Bruin for your feedback it is much appreciated. I am still a little concerned that of the 400+ that have viewed this post in the past few days only one has heard of it or replied.

If anyone has seen something from cnet or a reputable tech publication let me know.

Thanks all!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I try it on iPad 2... its cool, not a big deal, very easy to put on. Not too sure about the scratch resistance and I will not try the scratch test on our new ipad, but anti fingerprint works well, you can feel the difference after applying the liquid defender, it feels smooth and not sticky at all. Anyway, if you are looking for something that will prevent heavy deep scratches, go get a hard cases.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Perhaps I should clarify a little about what I'm looking for, and why, with this product... I am currently using a hard slider case on my iPhone 4s. The case is made by Incipio and looks great but would not fit with ghost armor, or as far as I can tell with any screen protector. Based on the reviews I have seen about the iPhones lack of scratch resistance, I really feel I need something over the screen for protection. It sounds like this product may at best just provide scratch protection which for me would be worth it. My major concerns so far are as follows:

-No posted reviews from reputable tech sources
    -does the liquid cause any issues with the touch screen features
    -does it prevent surface scratches from finger nails etc.
    -will it help prevent breakage or cracking when dropped
    Last edited by burlap; 10-25-2011 at 05:15 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You are right, iPhone crack/break far too easily. Anyway, No posted reviews, because its a new product and that is why we are here right. Like I said in my review, my iPad touch screen actually works better and feel a lot smoother with the liquid defender. And for the scratches, I dont think it will prevent big scratches, maybe prevent minimum surface protection at best. If you are looking for something that will prevent cracking when drop... good luck, I dont believe any screen protector on the market can do it. And if scratches is your main concern, I think you need to get a hard case... try Incase or switcheasy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kev4fun For This Useful Post:

bfan (10-25-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Haha, that is funny... I just bought Liquid Defender from ebay for my iPhone 4s.... ebay is the best place for real consumer product reviews and the buyers feedback are much more real than the pay poblication reviews.
    I prefer my iphone naked, and I will post a review in a few days after I try the product.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    It is indeed why we are here...after all if you google the product our discussion is now right at the top it sounds like liquid defender is working as expected for your phone which is a good indication it will be effective for at least small impacts or scrapes, and that's really what I'm looking for at this point. Might just have to try this product and post my own review soon...

Quote Originally Posted by bfan View Post
    Haha, that is funny... I just bought Liquid Defender from ebay for my iPhone 4s.... ebay is the best place for real consumer product reviews and the buyers feedback are much more real than the pay poblication reviews.
    I prefer my iphone naked, and I will post a review in a few days after I try the product.
    I didn't even think about reading reviews from ebay that's a good idea. I look forward to reading your review once you have had a chance to test out the product.
    Last edited by burlap; 10-26-2011 at 08:38 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yo, just got my liquid defender, easy to apply... only problem is they dont give you enough. We have 3 iphone in the house and by the time I finished the 2nd phone, there is nothing left in the tube. Overall I like the product, just wish they will give you little more.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    It looks like we now have a few people who have actually tried the product which is encouraging! Please tell us how the product works against scratches, smudges etc. On the Liquid Defender site it shows the screen holding up quite well against nuts and bolts being dropped on it...and a blade being scrapped across the screen. I certainly don't expect anyone to have that level of commitment for this forum But I would like to know if it works.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Whats up board members, who is burlap? do you work for Liquid Defender? I notice this is the only discuss topic burlap is on...
    dude, if you are working for them, post some coupon code.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by etworld View Post
    Whats up board members, who is burlap? do you work for Liquid Defender? I notice this is the only discuss topic burlap is on...
    dude, if you are working for them, post some coupon code.
    What's up etworld. I do not work for Liquid Defender. I only just heard about them maybe a month ago. Even though I have not posted previously I have been a member for over a year and I frequently follow the modmyi forums. Here is a little background on me and why I started this post.

I purchased the new iphone 4s the day it released (for myself and my wife) and opted for a couple of hard cases from amazon. When I got the cases I realized they wouldn't fit with a traditional screen protector. I don't really care for ghost armor or Ishield anyway, I have it on my ipad and it looks wavy and scratches easily. I also don't like the process of them spraying the screen until it's dripping wet (which they did). I began looking for alternatives a few weeks back and I stumbled upon liquid defender during a google search. After several days of finding little to no information about the company or product reviews I decided to take my curiosity to the modmyi forums.

I have been pleasantly surprised to see so many people interested in this product but disappointed that more people haven't tried it. I am very excited about a liquid drop product that can provide durability to my screen, but I don't want to be the first to try something on my $650 (retail) iphone 4s. So here we are...a few have tried it but I still don't know if it works. I have e-mailed liquid defender several times now and have received prompt and polite responses over the past week, however no additional information has been forthcoming. I have been informed the product is available at malls in southern California and will be spreading throughout the country. I requested a free test of the product and promised to post my feedback on this blog but seem to be striking out with that request I'm still excited about this product...and still looking for information.

Cheers,

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm a new member to this forum, although I've been lurking since my first jailbroken iphone 2g.

I bought liquid defender from ebay (it's a little bit cheaper than buying from the website). I have no idea if it's going to protect my iphone 4s from scratches, but it's been pretty neat having a "naked" iphone. You can't tell by looking at it that any sort of protection is on it. The screen looks absolutely clear. But it now has a very slight tacky feeling to it as I drag my finger across the screen. I wasn't too sure if it was just my imagination, so I went to the nearest Apple Store to compare (Glendale Galleria) and there is a noticeable difference between the display models and my phone. Fingerprints aren't a problem, as someone mentioned earilier.

I was a bit scared of buying a product that has virtually no reviews, and no guarantee ala invisible shield. And the low res videos on their website weren't very reassuring. But when I emailed them some questions, they answered promptly, so I went ahead and bought it. And at the present time, I'm still not convinced that it will truly prevent scratches. But at least for now it seems to be working well. I hope others have the same experience.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Perez View Post
    I'm a new member to this forum, although I've been lurking since my first jailbroken iphone 2g.

I bought liquid defender from ebay (it's a little bit cheaper than buying from the website). I have no idea if it's going to protect my iphone 4s from scratches, but it's been pretty neat having a "naked" iphone. You can't tell by looking at it that any sort of protection is on it. The screen looks absolutely clear. But it now has a very slight tacky feeling to it as I drag my finger across the screen. I wasn't too sure if it was just my imagination, so I went to the nearest Apple Store to compare (Glendale Galleria) and there is a noticeable difference between the display models and my phone. Fingerprints aren't a problem, as someone mentioned earilier.

I was a bit scared of buying a product that has virtually no reviews, and no guarantee ala invisible shield. And the low res videos on their website weren't very reassuring. But when I emailed them some questions, they answered promptly, so I went ahead and bought it. And at the present time, I'm still not convinced that it will truly prevent scratches. But at least for now it seems to be working well. I hope others have the same experience.
    Thanks for your input Ben! I've still been sitting on the fence about this product. After weeks of waiting and researching the product, and several e-mail exchanges with the manufacturer, I put things on hold. Then the other day my wife scratched her phone and it got me thinking about a screen protector again...

Here is where I am with things: If this product is so great why after weeks and weeks on the market do I still find nothing online other than their website. If I bought every product that seemed cool without doing research or reading reviews I would be in a ton of debt from 3:00a.m. infomercials. This is a revolutionary product and one that has got me as excited about a product (that apple didn't product) for the first time in a long time. But a few posts from people who put it on their phone without any idea as to whether it's actually preventing scratches, radiation etc. isn't enough to convince me I should invest in the product.

I hope that very soon reviews will be posted online or additional information will be available...I will be the first to post when they are...but until then I need to get my wife a screen protector and probably a better case.