+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone to hdmi adapter

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
so i just purchased an iphone to hdmi adapter hoping to be able to mirror my iphone 4 screen onto my tv. but once i connected i realized it only
    My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iphone to hdmi adapter
    so i just purchased an iphone to hdmi adapter hoping to be able to mirror my iphone 4 screen onto my tv. but once i connected i realized it only supports video out put on the iphone 4
    is there anyway to mirror my iphone screen to the tv with this adapter?

Thanks

For iOS4, DisplayOut or TVOut2mirror (Cydia)
    For iOS5, DisplayOut ($2.99 - Cydia store)

DisplayOut is easier to configure (uses Settings, instead of its own app)
    and gives you a floating cursor so you don't have to look at your phone while using it.
    However its much less flexible.

TVOut2Mirror gives you everything, and its free
    but may be a little more confusing, and hasn't been updated to iOS5.
    Last edited by raduga; 10-12-2011 at 09:39 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to raduga For This Useful Post:

lillewis51 (10-12-2011)

Thanks

perfect! thank you!

Thanks

display out is just showing a black screen but now i can see the white dot for cursor when i touch the screen.. btw im on ios 5..

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just bought one of those adapters. (pretty pricey though - I bought the official Apple version)
    I'll look into that Display Out from Cydia. I hope it is clear as some of my friends who have Android phones, where they have a mini HDMI slot and cable. Only Apple comes up with proprietary stuff to get more money out of you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I bought the same HDMI adapter from Apple at Best Buy. I use it on my iPhone 4S. It works great for screen mirroring and other forms of multimedia. There is absolutely no lag and the image quality is beautiful especially for 1080 P recorded videos. But the adapter is almost half the cost of the Apple Tv!

So I decided to exchange the HDMI adapter for the Apple TV and pay an extra $60. So far I've noticed that the Apple TV with all its extra features is well worth the money. However, what I'm not close to my Wi-Fi access point there is significant lag in the video quality when I am not close enough to my Wi-Fi access point there is significant quality drop in video and screen mirroring and lagging.

When I am close to my router and I'm using screen mirroring on my iPhone 4S to my Apple TV it's a beautiful thing it works almost as good as the HDMI adapter. The best thing is that it is wireless. I can run throughout the entire house using video chat applications and other video applications and they still display on the TV.

But for overall simplicity and video quality I would recommend the HDMI adapter. But even then it's hard to justify really half the cost of an Apple TV I'm just a single adapter. If it'd been $20 instead of $40 there would
    be no question that I'll have only the adapter and not the Apple TV. But since the price is so close I decided to get the Apple TV instead.

Thanks

i can see the white dot for cursor when i touch the screen.. btw im on ios 5..
    A lot of them are used for things like mathematical modelling of climate change, objects in space moving around another etc.

Thanks

I bought it to stream Netflix on my tv but every time I plug the hdmi out into my Verizon iPhone 4 I lose network signal completely. I have the display out app from cydia and it works great but I bought it to have something to watch not play angry birds on my tv lol. Anyone else have this problem?