Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Griffin Headphone Adapter for iPhone

Question Headphone Adapter for iPhone
    Has anyone checked out the headphones adapter from Griffin? It looks like it would be better than the Belkin one because it is flexible. They are both the same price $9.99. I would rather not modify my headphones.

BELKIN =
    Last edited by defkonmusic; 10-01-2007 at 01:19 PM. Reason: I wanted to make a more general title.

I modified my apple headphones but I agree I do not want to mess with my Shure. The cost to much to screw up. I need to try one of these. They both look okay for me

The reviews I have been reading, on the commercial sights, complain a lot about the Belkin. The problem is that it sticks out of your phone like an oversized antenna. From what I have read the adapter makes it hard to walk around with in your pocket because it puts a lot of stress on the 1/8in jack. I dont want to break my phone. I haven't seen many reviews on the Griffin, thats why I am curious if anyone has one or has heard anything about its reliability.

I have the Belkin and I dont like it much. Like the above post said its bulky and sticks way out from the phone. Also, I bought it yesterday and it seems like I lost a lot of sound using this adapter. I used it today and it sounded okay... not sure whats really going on, I made sure that everything was plugged in well yesterday, but
    it sounded flat.

Id say go for the Griffin, but check online first for some reviews. Also, I think iskin (the case company that makes the revo) has one for like 4 dollars. It says that the output is perfect, has both mono and stereo, and I think it allows for the mic to be used or something. Its like 5 bucks on their website, I think Im going to try that one out as well.

Good luck.
    Last edited by knowtheobscure; 10-01-2007 at 12:55 PM. Reason: messed up

Quote Originally Posted by knowtheobscure View Post
    Also, I think iskin (the case company that makes the revo) has one for like 4 dollars. It says that the output is perfect, has both mono and stereo, and I think it allows for the mic to be used or something. Its like 5 bucks on their website, I think Im going to try that one out as well.

Good luck.

Cool I'll check that one out. Thanks!
    Last edited by defkonmusic; 10-01-2007 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I bought THIS one and received it today. Works great, I don't notice any loss in sound or quality. I'm in no way associated with the seller but I'm happy with mine. There are a few sellers with them available.

Quote Originally Posted by defkonmusic View Post
    Cool I'll check that one out. Thanks!

If you have had a chance to go to the site, you might not see it! lol Thats because I guess I had the wrong site. I searched through a lot of cases, and ended up getting the revo, but I guess I saw the headphone adapter on another. Sorry for the mixup though.

I haven't purchased this myself yet (waiting on the retractable version coming in mid October), but I have read about other iphone users who really like the Seido adapter:

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=811

It has a built-in mic and answer button. You can also pause/play music with it. And best of all, you can use it as a car adapter, essentially making your iphone handsfree!
    Last edited by enigmanic; 10-02-2007 at 02:17 AM.

Thumbs up This is a cool one for cheap, but not in stock yet