+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Clear Coat, BodyGuardz or Zagg InvisibleShield screen protector + a case

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Clear Coat, BodyGuardz or Zagg InvisibleShield screen protector + a case
    Hi guys

I live in Egypt and I found these 3 brands of screen protectors for iPhone 4 :

iPhone 4 Clear-Coat™ Full Body Scratch Proof Protector for 20.74$

iPhone 4 BodyGuardZ™ Full Body Scratch Proof Protector (2 Complete Sets) for 29.10$

iPhone 4 Zagg InvisibleShield Maximum Coverage for 30.94$

I need to have the best protection, easy installation, compatible with cases, sticks very well, has no bubbles whatsoever, smooth as normal glass and has NO orange peel effect

What is my best option ?

Also, what do you think about Moshi iGlaze 4 cases ? Is it better or the SGP Ultra thin case ?

Moshi is 7.52$ and SGP is 11.54$

BTW I don't know whether these protectors and cases are genuine or fake specially for the prices (in Egypt prices should be higher than USA) So after some search I found that there are fake cases, but what about screen protectors ?

Thanks

Clear-Coat

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank you for the reply

What about the case ?

Thanks

I don't have any idea about those case to be honest. I just use a knock off bumper from ebay.

Green Apple
    Thanks

The seller told me that the cases are high qulaity replicas !

Green Apple
    Thanks

If you are looking for a great screen protector for the i4 (front and back), check out the Power Support products. They are very easy to install, you can change them easily (you get a 4 pk for the front & back - unless you just want to cover the face, then 2pk) They are around $20.00. (Some Apple stores sell them - I got mine from the website). I got turned on to them because when I had the 3gs in an Otterbox defender, there was sort of a "water effect" on the screen. Some people gave good suggestions, but one person told me to use the Power Support screen saver. That did the trick. Now I use it on my i4 (front and back).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Get zagg invisible shield maximum protection. If it's the legit one and not a replica then you won't be dissapointed. Very easy to install, excellent screen protector, and stays on! I've always used the Zagg brand to protect my iPhone. And if you say, dent the Zagg screen protector, then give it a little while and then the dent in screen protector just disappears. It's a very good iPhone protector

Thanks

I used Zagg for a long time. After using a few others now, Zagg seems to have way too much orange peel effect

Banned
    Thanks

Hi

The best i use is the Moshi AG. Rest all i found is fake or not good with its quality.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I got a high quality replica of SGP Ultra Thin case which is pretty good

As for the screen protector on the other hand, I got the Clear-Coat Full Body and I messed up the front protector, it looked bad

I then got the Clear-Coat Full Body Dry Apply and also messed it up so badly that I took it off immediately and reapplied the first protector

I will try to get a replacement from Clear-Coat but they say that I have to send the protectors back which may cost me alot

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I use the full body Body Guardz cause my work had them for $4.99 for the two pack. They work really well and don't mess up the Touch sensitivity. Pretty much the same thing as a Zagg InvisibleSHIELD

Banned
    Thanks

And if you say, dent the Zagg screen protector, then give it a little while and then the dent in screen protector just disappears.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I got the Clear-Coat full body but I didn't put the front protector right so it looked very bad. I then got the ClaraGuard full body (same as Clear-Coat but dry apply) and it was screwed too

I emailed Clear-Coat about the situation specially that shipping the 2 sets from Egypt to USA would cost me full price, and they will send me new ones aat no cost at all and without sending the messed 2 sets back

Awesome customer support

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

For total protection nothing beats Zagg. Only thing i dislike and why i won't use zagg is because of the orange peel effect on it in the light and the rubbery feeling it has on the screen. Seems very primitive but for sure will protect. For regular everyday use, just get a nice crystal clear screen protector. Can find them from China a pack of like 20 for 10 bucks! Same quality as the kind you get when you buy an otterbox case, same exact type (probably the same exact one) screen protector. Have been using these from day 1 of my iphone 4 and never an issue. No air bubbles, perfectly clear can't even notice i have a screen protector on my device! Also protects. For me i sometimes have coins/keys in the same pocket as my device so little scratches on the screen protector show up over months of use but hey, 20 screen protectors for 10 bucks and only replace every 2-3 months? Will last you til the iphone 6!!! Lol. Seriously, buying any Name Brand is just that, paying for name brand since all these name brands are almost identical to the protection and clarity of a Chinese generic crystal screen protector. Even have US and UK sellers for these too if you can't stand the 10-14 days of shipping to get it.