+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4: Want to stream movies from iPhone to TV without downscaling vid quality

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Greetings... I would like to play video (.mkv, .avi, .vob, mpg, etc) files from my iPhone 4 onto my TV. I have the HDMI-out adapter. I know that the iPhone
    What's Jailbreak? Obersturmfuhrer's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile iPhone 4: Want to stream movies from iPhone to TV without downscaling vid quality
    Greetings...

I would like to play video (.mkv, .avi, .vob, mpg, etc) files from my iPhone 4 onto my TV. I have the HDMI-out adapter. I know that the iPhone itself is limited to playing movies in mp4 format and only at its resolution. However, I understand there are jailbreak apps out there that; 1) Allow the iPhone to send video thru adapter to TV (DisplayOut) 2) App(s) that will actually PLAY these type video extensions, (mentioned above). I know VLC media player may be able to acccomplish this.

I have done a considerable amount of research on the net regarding this issue; however all I am finding is information that is years-old, people's opinions, and loads of contradicting information. If anyone knows the truth to this issue please do respond. I simply want to use my iPhone as a media player, and theoretically should be a relatively simple task, if it wasn't for all of Apple's proprietary restrictions.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think there are now vlc type apps that play almost every video file type, that let you either play the videos on your tv either through an hdmi apple cable or through AirPlay with an apple tv.