Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 to Monitor/HDTV

Default iPhone 4 to Monitor/HDTV
    Im looking to mirror my iphone onto my computer or HDTV, but I'm at a loss as to what method I should go with. All I know is I want a seamless full HD mirror without lag or delay. So far I've come up with 3 options:

1) Wolverine Dock connector to HDMI adapter
    2) Apple dock connector to VGA adapter
    3) Apple composite cables with some kind of RCA to DVI/HDMI/VGA adapter

I'm leaning towards #1, but I'm kind of skeptical because its not a genuine apple product and there isn't a genuine apple DC to HDMI, so I don't know how well it would work, if at all. The DC to VGA seems like the next best choice, but I don't know if I'm going to get a full HD mirror from that since its just VGA after all. Composite cables seem like too much trouble, but its still an option never the less.

I just want some other opinions before I make a decision on what to go with. Maybe some of you have already gone over this and found the best solution, if so, please share what you've found on the subject.

You can get the iPhone Apple 30 pin to HDMI adapter for your iPhone 4. it will display certain videos and apps designed to display video and audio on your monitor. However with the iPhone 4 it won't do a full mirroring you need either the iPad 2 or iPhone 4s to do a full fledged screen mirror. Either that or you can jailbreak your iPhone 4 and that will allow you to do a screen mirror.

Either way, the Apple iPhone 30 pin to HDMI adapter is probably the best way to hook your phone up to your TV. How you decide to get it to mirror is a software issue that can be easily remedied with a jailbreak. If you don't have the iPhone 4S or iPad2