Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone Case Opener

Default IPhone Case Opener
    I'm living in Florida. Is there any store I can go and buy a case opener without having to order one from California and pay $5 shipping for a $2 piece of plastic?

I cannot believe almost 200 views and no one can point me to a store where I can find this tool?

Dont waste your time with a opener, a simple suction cup works muuuuuuch better just place it directly above the home button make a Good seal and slowly pull up and presto iphone open and no tool theres a ton of youtube vids on this

4. The Following User Says Thank You to calebratm For This Useful Post:

Davesdream (11-06-2010)

WOW Calebratm, thank you for the tip. I didn't know about this smart procedure. Still, I think the tool will help on other things whe IPhone is already open. Am I wrong?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

The suction cup works best. The prying tools are awful. But you could just get the suction cup and some plastic tweezers and you'll be able to get around the internals of your phone just fine. A guitar pick will do the same as the prying tools. If you can't find a store that sells a complete phone repair kit, those everyday tools will do the job. Suction cup, guitar pick, and plastic tweezers

7. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Davesdream (11-07-2010)

Thanx Anniex423. I guess I don't need the tool then... Does the cup works for 2G? (Make seems a stupid question, but the vids only show opening 3G, which they have 2 screws at the bottom) How I will proceed to open a 2G. I have problems (twice already) of getting a white screen and I would like to take a look inside to make sure no connection is unplugged.

Thanks

Ah, I just assumed you had a 3G

I've only opened 3G/3GS so that's a good question. Check out some YouTube vids on disassembling a 2G and you can see. Ill try to look into that later if you don't find anything useful.

Yup i assumed you had a 3g as well
    ..:: Guide How To Safely Open Iphone 2G For New Users ::.. - .:: GsmIndia ::.
    This is the link used to open my old 2g a couple years ago and it all involves notmal tools hope it helps

Yeah Guys, its a 2G... That's why I filled out the info in my profile and show in the corner of every single post you write in ORANGE colors!!!! (IPhone 2G 3.1.3 RedSn0W \ Cydia)....... :P
    Anyway, I show that guide before Calebratm... BUT IT USE THE CASE OPENER TOOL!!!.... so back to square ONE.... LOL

Thanks your share!I need these things!
    iphone case

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Davesdream View Post
    Yeah Guys, its a 2G... That's why I filled out the info in my profile and show in the corner of every single post you write in ORANGE colors!!!! (IPhone 2G 3.1.3 RedSn0W \ Cydia)....... :P
    Anyway, I show that guide before Calebratm... BUT IT USE THE CASE OPENER TOOL!!!.... so back to square ONE.... LOL
    Sorry, I'm usually on my phone and can't see the phone/computer info

I have a question now. All those tutorial tell you how to disassemble the IPhone, but none of them tell you how to assemble them!!!! I say this because, what do you with all the antenna cables you detached that were glued... How do you glue them back??

Thanks

You don't really...I disassembled my 3G and put it back together without gluing anything. Well except the bezel, it wouldn't stay down so I glued it down to the housing. But i didn't glue anything else. Shouldn't need to. In fact, should probably avoid gluing anything on the inside :/

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    You don't really...I disassembled my 3G and put it back together without gluing anything. Well except the bezel, it wouldn't stay down so I glued it down to the housing. But i didn't glue anything else. Shouldn't need to. In fact, should probably avoid gluing anything on the inside :/
    i.Annie is totally right. Thanks for posting these info.