Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Rechargeable Battery Case, The Best?

And yet, despite all the "it destroyed my iPhone!" posts, it still gets 3.5/5 stars.
    I read that as an 70% chance of it not destroying your phone.

Looks like a good deal to me!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Woohoo just received my Q-Power case. Took 3 days, not bad at all. It looks awesome , not much bigger than the phone itself. Gonna charge it up and see how long the battery lasts. Will report back.
    Damned just found the same case on eBay for 29.95 + free delivery. Well never mind.
    Last edited by iris4; 11-08-2010 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iris4 View Post
    Woohoo just received my Q-Power case. Took 3 days, not bad at all. It looks awesome , not much bigger than the phone itself. Gonna charge it up and see how long the battery lasts. Will report back.
    Damned just found the same case on eBay for 29.95 + free delivery. Well never mind.
    I heard that the lights on the qpower case for charging never go off though, is that true? Looks a bit tacky to me if your phone is always glowing with blue LEDs... Do you have any pictures/video of how it looks?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I have never had any luck with power packs. They work for a month and then randomly charge when they feel like it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beejohn View Post
    I heard that the lights on the qpower case for charging never go off though, is that true? Looks a bit tacky to me if your phone is always glowing with blue LEDs... Do you have any pictures/video of how it looks?
    Hi beejohn, the lights are only on when you charge the battery case so you can see when you reached a full charge and when you charge your iPhone with it to show you how much charge is left in the case, other than that they are off. And to be honest they are really not that noticable.
    I'm really happy with the case it is a very tight fit. I tried to put it on with a back protector but it wouldn't fit. Also like with the exogear case there is no lip on the front to protect the screen.
    But like I said previously its barely bigger than the phone itself.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iris4 For This Useful Post:

beejohn (11-14-2010)

Iris, so if I leave the house with my iPhone fully charged and q-power fully charged the LEDs will only turn on when it starts charging the iPhone? How does it know when to start charging the phone? Is there a switch?

Also, one last question... With the speaker output on the bottom is the sound quality affected at all for playing music? Also how about talking on the phone normally, do people notice any worse quality because of the microphone placement on the case?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There is a small switch at the front for turning it on when you think your phone needs charging. Didn't really notice any difference in sound quality of the speaker with the case on since I use a stereo bluetooth headset most of the time when I'm listening to music. Saying that there is only one opening for the speaker at the bottom. So far no one has noticed or said anything about the call quality.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to iris4 For This Useful Post:

beejohn (11-14-2010)

Awesome, I just bought one

Quote Originally Posted by that_girl View Post
    Even though the IvySkin looks quite bulky, it looks stylish. I want it!
    good they have different colors

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the uNu Power DX-1700B 1700mAh. I got it off of Amazon.com, and I love it. It looks great, it has a button on the back to turn it on or off, and a 4 LED power indicator (only glows if you do a quick click to the button, so they're not always on). Functionality of the phone remains great, the phone fits snug, and to top it off, they give you a pretty sick screen protector with it.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/uNu-DX-1700B-1700mAh-External-Battery/dp/B004B1H6NS/ref=sr_1_5?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1292213317&sr=1-5]Amazon.com: uNu Power DX-1700B 1700mAh External Battery Case for iPhone 4 Bonus Pack - Matte Black: Cell Phones & Accessories[/ame]

It just about doubles the battery life. If I get down to about 3%-5% and turn it on with minimal apps running, it brings me up to about 95%-97%.

I've seen it in white, as well.
    Last edited by Lombardo Joe; 12-12-2010 at 10:14 PM. Reason: mo' info

Quote Originally Posted by Lombardo Joe View Post
    I have the uNu Power DX-1700B 1700mAh. I got it off of Amazon.com, and I love it. It looks great, it has a button on the back to turn it on or off, and a 4 LED power indicator (only glows if you do a quick click to the button, so they're not always on). Functionality of the phone remains great, the phone fits snug, and to top it off, they give you a pretty sick screen protector with it.

Amazon.com: uNu Power DX-1700B 1700mAh External Battery Case for iPhone 4 Bonus Pack - Matte Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

It just about doubles the battery life. If I get down to about 3%-5% and turn it on with minimal apps running, it brings me up to about 95%-97%.

I've seen it in white, as well.
    it looks bulkier

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by @phone View Post
    it looks bulkier
    It's not bad at all, and I put everything in my pockets. I bought it for the functionality mostly. As a battery, it's awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What about the Mophie Juice Pack Plus?

mophie juice pack plus™ - 2,000 mAh iPhone 4 rechargeable backup iPhone battery case

It comes in black, yellow, cyan, and magenta. It's $100, but I'm really considering getting one. Everyone I know with a Mophie battery case loves it.

EDIT: The case does seem rather bulky, but I read somewhere that it isn't much bigger than the 3G/S with a hard case.
    Last edited by chasejones8; 12-26-2010 at 09:34 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chasejones8 View Post
    Now THAT is what I would have gone with if I was willing to spend the $100. My cousin has one and it's pretty sexy. And it is theoretically the most powerful battery case out there now. Looks good, too.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Quote Originally Posted by chasejones8 View Post
    What about the Mophie Juice Pack Plus?

mophie juice pack plus™ - 2,000 mAh iPhone 4 rechargeable backup iPhone battery case

It comes in black, yellow, cyan, and magenta. It's $100, but I'm really considering getting one. Everyone I know with a Mophie battery case loves it.

EDIT: The case does seem rather bulky, but I read somewhere that it isn't much bigger than the 3G/S with a hard case.
    Lol the mophie case makes you I phone a boat it's way bigger than a 3G with a hard case
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

hmm,really good

Default Stay away from the ivyskin Quattro Smartcase 4
    I really liked the ivyskin quattro Smartcase 4 boy do I regret spending $90 something on it. Just got this case yesterday & it is the biggest piece of garbage ever. I constantly get no signal what so ever for starters it is also very hard to get together. The glass on the front doesnt come clean no matter what & oh yeah the battery pack for it doesnt work so stay very far away from this one.

Now with that being said anyone have either an Exolife or a Mophie I am stuck picking between those 2 & has anyone had any issues with either one of them??

How much does what cost?

I've had the iphone 4 mophie air for a while, also had it for my 3G. I've had no problems with it but the iPhone 4 version feels pretty flimsy as cases go and the fit is nowhere near as nice as the 3G version was. That said the extra power really helps.

Today I bought a powermat charging case for the I4. It came with a charging base and I bought a portable charger to use at work and on travel. So I'm going to give up the extra battery and see if this works.

A few months back I saw on the
    powermat website a battery case for the i4 but not much info on it, now I find nothing about it at all. I find them for sale on ebay MAC4-1500FBK. Did powermat stop making them? Is there a problem with them? Do they charge on a powermat? One listing says they do others don't mention they do but state they are charged by USB? I've googles the pi$$ out of it but find nothing.

For any "DIY's" in this thread, eBay has $20 (w/free shipping) 1800mAh juicepaks. There for 3GS but with a dremal tool, take out a bit in each corner to fit iPhone 4 & it works very good! They're called "BlueStorm" & they work just as good as the 1200mAh Mophie overpriced juicepak I paid $100 for at "Worst"buy! I'd much rather 2 juicepaks & a $60 tank of gas, for the same price as 1 juicepak that works exactly the same. Cheers,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast