Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ebay iphone 4 replacement back glass, different colors?

Default ebay iphone 4 replacement back glass, different colors?
    Anyone tried them or have any pictures of them installed?
    This black and gray one really caught my eye for $34
    IPHONE 4 HOUSING BATTERY BACK COVER GLASS GREY

I guess that some of the knock offs are made of plastic and some of them glass. This one is $18 and made of plastic
    Plastic Battery Door Case Cover for iPhone 4 Gray

Those knock offs are never the right size, the ones I've tried are always a little off (camera alignment, screw alignment) the only one that fit good cost me $80

It looks pretty nice although I have never bought replacemtns before..;

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Looks can be deceiving. They do look nice ,but i would rather replace w a original cover just to be safe.

iPhone? More like MyPhone skater38053's Avatar
    Thanks

I think he wants a different color. Not really a replacement.

I say try it the way the iphone4 is made once you unscrew the bottom screws the back is the part that comes off first. Not like the 3G(s) where you have to disisimble the whole phone to change the housing.

Quote Originally Posted by skater38053 View Post
    I think he wants a different color. Not really a replacement.

I say try it the way the iphone4 is made once you unscrew the bottom screws the back is the part that comes off first. Not like the 3G(s) where you have to disisimble the whole phone to change the housing.
    That can be a bad thing too because the screen is real hard to take off in the iPhone 4 where as it's the easiest past in the 3GS.

Thanks

Not really a bad thing if he's just wanting to replace the Back. Of the phone not the screen ya know.

ya I was refering to replace the back of the phone not becasue I needed to just because it would be a little diferent. and yes it is only two screws to replace the back. The front is a diferent story, literaly the entire phone needs to come apart to replace the front. still though anyone done this? changed the back, post pictures id like to see them.

it's been my experience that some of these knock off products from ebay/hong kong are pretty much identical to the OEM. as with the textile industry, these factories shut down at night and the next shift does runs of no name products which are sold for a fraction of the OEM without their name.

Hi
    Now the metal nice one silver real metal 13 $

Thanks

Just got my white back from eBay(shattered my black glass) I'm happy with it and already fooled a few people (sinister laugh) hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by skater38053 View Post
    Just got my white back from eBay(shattered my black glass) I'm happy with it and already fooled a few people (sinister laugh) hahahaha
    hahahah. how did you shatter it? what happened?

Thanks

I was getting out of my truck and had my phone in my hand. As soon as the door stopped it bumped my hand causing the phone to fall on my driveway. I thought everything was cool, until i picked it up. Luckily it was the back and not the front. I'll post some pics when I get home from class. But the white one I got with the frame for $26 I believe. Came with a white frame and fits perfectly. Seems to be glass also(not plastic like some) doesn't scratch like some I've seem on YouTube. And no issues with the cam or led ether.

iPhone? More like MyPhone one_crazy_dude's Avatar
    Thanks

I wasn't sure about the ones from eBay so I found a hong kong store and bought a few of these in different colors. There not glass but metal.

http://cnn.cn/shop/apple-iphone-beve...t-p-10351.html
    I Like Eletronics

Thanks

The ones from eBay mostly come from hong kong. I've bought iPhone stuff from this guy before and he has 100% feedback so I was pretty confident it was going to be good.I was just hoping it wasn't going to be plastic. The only thing I noticed from the ones on eBay. Is if you buy just the glass you won't get the adhesive to put it on. I have yet to find it anywhere.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ridingsupreme's Avatar
    Thanks

post seller please i'm interested tho i've been lucky not to break miphone

Thanks

I ordered a pink one from this place: Xvillage999.com

It looks nice and was only about $10. I have been told to "patiently await it's arrival" from Hong Kong (although the website has an address in California, weird).

Default nice
    Quote Originally Posted by one_crazy_dude View Post
    I wasn't sure about the ones from eBay so I found a hong kong store and bought a few of these in different colors. There not glass but metal.

Apple iPhone 4 beveled back cover - black/silver metal insert - - Cellular Accessories | Mobile

that is very nice, easy to change the back and give me different mood )
    how much is it?