Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone tv out question

Default iPhone tv out question
    I know this topic is meant for reviews but I wasn't sure where to put this so please feel free to move it if need be.

I recently jailbroken my iPhone 4 and borrowed a friends tv out cables to try out the tvout2 app and I LOVE IT! my question is this:

Does anyone know if there exists any sort of accessory to connect your iPhone to your tv wirelessly? Preferrably something portable, like so you could still use the iPhone for gaming, not just a dock? But even docks would be cool if you can't think of anything else, thanks

I'm guessing this doesn't exist? I've looked on here a bit, and even googled, I got nothin...
    Last edited by unvaluablespace; 08-08-2010 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Google "wireless TV transmitter" and it'll give you something like this: X10 Wireless Video Sender transmits DVD quality video and stereo audio to other locations in your home

I've used one in the past and they're more trouble than they're worth.

Hey thanks for the reply, kevipod. And yeah I've seen those in action, and your right lol. Even so though, two things: 1, I've never seen one that did more than jus the red/white/yellow av connections, and 2, even if you do manage to get them to work, they're still limited to you having to connect the cord to the input end.

I'm pretty sure this doesn't exist, but what I was hoping for was some sort of dock connector for the iPhone that did the transmitting. I notice the apple branded cord I have s rather slim and small, I see no "box" or "adapter" area on the cord which leads me to believe most of the tv signal is being done through the phone and tv themselves, just the cord has the wiring portion for the phone.

I recall seeing a wireless tv transmitter for iPhone specifically a long time ago, when 3G was still new, but it was limited to just being a dock type transmitter, where that would only he useful for just watching movies, etc.

I was hoping for some more portable wireless option, for gaming, even surfing mobile safari n outputting it on tv. Sigh... :-/

check out this video of my wireless audio video transmitter for the iphone!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC--yzbgHXI]YouTube - New patent pending accessory wireless A/V transmitter Iphone 4 3gs Ipad Droid Touch Blackberry[/ame]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

God this looks stunning, I hope you'll be releasing this device soon. Only problem I see is the fact that it is not really secured to the device and I would think if the phone is used as a gaming device the connector would snap off fairly easy other than that great idea I'd definitely would purchase it.

It stays plugged in, no problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    you need to get that design to an IC fab, and see about getting it in a package that can be modded on the logic board, or if there is room, a supported blue wire....wait.....get a sleeve case with a battery in it and your Xmtr built into it and sell it.

you cant lose man.

what is the receiver unit you are using to plug into the tv?

excellent work. I remember when i wanted to transmit from my tablet PC to a projector for training and briefings i give....on 802.11b...what a trip.
    Last edited by ex_spy_guy; 11-13-2010 at 11:23 AM.