Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone movie watching desk stand $2.99

Default iPhone movie watching desk stand $2.99
    I was just browsing the store and saw this business card holder and thought what a great iPhone stand for watching movies at my desk...

I got mine at frys's but Walmart or any office supply store will have them..
    What do you think? Nice Sturdy and cheap..

Last edited by bharned3; 09-29-2007 at 12:48 PM.

does it contact the chrome ring at all...that thing scratches when you look at it the wrong way

Looks like the lip at the front will obscure abour 1/3 of the screen , so not so good for watching movies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flashyphotos View Post
    Looks like the lip at the front will obscure abour 1/3 of the screen , so not so good for watching movies!!!
    The Lip does not obscure the screen at all. I am looking at it now as I type this and it looks fine. I think even if you are laying down it is okay....

It does not touch the chrome ring while sitting. It barley misses it...

Sweet. Great tip! Will look for it next time I'm at Staples.

hahaha. ingenious. And perfect! They have a bunch of styles at office max, staples etc. Plastic ones too that wont scratch. nice find. I would have never thought.
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

My iPhone Vaja case with the belt clip attached to the phone, stands up my phone perfectly to watch movies when i am at my desk, and when rightside up , it is tilted upward so when i am on my keyboard modding my phone its easier to see the screen instead of being laid out flat.. this is definetly my favorite iphone case...

p.s. i bought this case when i first got my iphone like a week after it first came out and im posting about my case now...i hope that update comes soon .. enclosed some pics below
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -1.png   -2.png   -3.png  
    Last edited by kpace1; 09-29-2007 at 01:18 PM.

Here are some actual pics. I noticed that the picture I initially posted was not the one I actually bought. As I looked at the pic again I see how it would obscure the screen. The one I bought does not have that big lip in the front. Have a look at these pics

ive been using the cheapo plastic one from office depot thats $0.89. whats funny is that if you search "iphone stand" on ebay, some dude is selling them for $10, and people have actually been buying them.

Quote Originally Posted by edw1nk View Post
    ive been using the cheapo plastic one from office depot thats $0.89. whats funny is that if you search "iphone stand" on ebay, some dude is selling them for $10, and people have actually been buying them.
    People will do anything to make a buck.

Default stand for iPhone
    JUST what I was looking for. Thanks.

Lol love the idea