+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone BT: problem charging

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
My iPhone BT headset is only charging when my iPhone is not pluged in with it. This is happening with both the dock and travel charger, and with both the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone BT: problem charging
    My iPhone BT headset is only charging when my iPhone is not pluged in with it. This is happening with both the dock and travel charger, and with both the USB 2.0 PC and wall adapter. It's not a connection issue with the BT because as soon as i take the phone off the dock i see the amber light come on the headset. But i have seen them charge together before (twice anyway) because i've seen the BT charging icon on the phone.

Other than that the thing works better than I exspected.

Anyone else have this issue?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I appoligize for *BUMPING* this but I'm hopeing by now there are more people out there with the iphone headset and maybe someone else has had this problem.

I had to order mine from apple because there are no apple stores anywhere near me (closest is Birmingham, AL) and I don't want to mail this thing back.

Thanks

My BT headset charges on the dock, even while the phone is charging on the dock.

But once I switch the BT headset to the travel charger, I can only charge the BT if the phone is not being charged. Once I disconnect my phone, the BT starts to charge. I thought that was normal

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Same problem here
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratamaq View Post
    My iPhone BT headset is only charging when my iPhone is not pluged in with it. This is happening with both the dock and travel charger, and with both the USB 2.0 PC and wall adapter. It's not a connection issue with the BT because as soon as i take the phone off the dock i see the amber light come on the headset. But i have seen them charge together before (twice anyway) because i've seen the BT charging icon on the phone.

Other than that the thing works better than I exspected.

Anyone else have this issue?

I have the same problem, sort of...

Charging: Dual Dock
    Both phone and headset charge
    No headset graphic on the screen
    Power Source: PC and Wall

Charging: Travel Cable
    Phone charges headset does not
    Headset graphic shows on the screen, no charge indication.
    Remove the phone, headset charges

Pairing: Dual Dock
    Headset will not autopair

Pairing: Travel Cable
    Headset will autopair fine

iTunes
    No headset graphic showing charge

Other Issues
    When the headset is on and bluetooth is enabled, the small headset graphic is diplayed in the upper right corner. It does not show the charge (Graphic is an outline) Even when fully charged.

First Use
    Did what it was supposed to. Headset graphic on the screen of the phone showing charge. Autopair worked like it should plugged into the dual dock or wall.

When I noticed the change
    Right after updating to firmware 1.1.1

I hope this helps anyone having this problem. I know it's not a fix, but there might be some corelation to firmware updates causing the problem.

Wudstock