+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I want a review for this case before i buy!

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
this thing looks solid, might add a little bulk but at least you can holster it while protected, for 50 bucks i was wondering if anyone has used this yet?
    Thanks

Default I want a review for this case before i buy!
    this thing looks solid, might add a little bulk but at least you can holster it while protected, for 50 bucks i was wondering if anyone has used this yet?

http://www.case-mate.com/s.nl/it.A/id.296/.f

previously known as amalone87
    Thanks

Well I bought the case-mate case like this, but without the holster. The one I bought was from AT&T store and it just had a swivels belt clip. The leather part that covers the phone is good. It has a good fit and protects the iPhone! I can't say anything about the belt holster on the case you are wanting, but the swivel clip on the one that I had sucked! My recommendation to anyone that wants a case with a belt clip os the DLO Hip case that AT&T has. It is $20 cheaper than the one that you are looking at, it fits very close to tour side on the belt, and the iPhone dits perfectly. It is also very easy to use one hand to get the iPhone out of the pouch (unlike the incase leather folio). I have reviewed several of the cases on the market and the DLO Hip case is the best I have seen by far. Go to www.ilounge.com to find reviews for cases for the iPhone. Like I said, I have reviewed almost all the cases that apple and AT&T has to offer except for the silcone ones. I hope this helps in your decision. If you have any questions, just ask.

Thanks

I use dlo hipcase and love, but want some out of holster protection and love my incase protective rubber shell but with it on it won't fit in my dlo and taking it off and putting on gets it stretched out, I just want something protective that is holsterable

Thanks

I know what you mean. I wish someone would come out with a standard holster for just the iphone and then another holster for the iphone with a silicone skin on it. I would love to have a 180 degree swivel holster for the incase silicone case.

If you are looking for protection and a holster I would recommend this case. I have it also right now and can't decide if I am going to keep it or not. It is a silicone case and a holster that doubles as a stand. My first impressions of it are great, it's just I think the holster doesn't fit close enough to your hip like the DLO Hip Case. You can get this case at the Apple store for $29.99.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

oh, i have seen that one at apple store, scares me, looks like the holsters is barely gripping the rubber cover, alot of fall outs?

Thanks

I have been in contact with a sales rep for DLO and I sent him a suggestion to make a jam jacket silicone case with a holster. I don't know if you are interested in that option, but if you are, you could go to dlo.com and go to the jam jacket and make the same type of suggestion at the bottom of the page where it has feedback for the product. I think that would be cool if enough people wanted it that they did it. The rep sent me an email saying that he would send the request onto the developement team. Hopefully it will happen, but for now I will use the hip case. The rep also told me that they are coming out with a brown leather and a black nylon hip case in the coming weeks.

I meant to ask you, does the incase silicone protective case attract a lot of lint when being in and out of your pocket? I really am considering getting a black one since everyone says in looks awesome on the iPhone, but I just don't want a lot of lint all over it. That is why I am looking for a silcone case with a holster like you. Let me know if you find anything.

Here are the new hip cases I was referring to.

'vegan-friendly' nylon HipCase:

http://dlo.com/products/HipCase_Nylon_Prod.tpl

and the 'J. Crew' ready brown textured leather HipCase

http://dlo.com/products/HipCase_Brown_Prod.tpl
    Last edited by unknownentry; 07-13-2007 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

no, love the incase, just dont want to carry in pocket with it unless i have clear screen protector and i am worried about pocket debris getting wedged between skin and aluminum backing making scratches

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have this case w/o the holster and it rocks.

I have my bestskinsever cover over the front, and it makes a perfect combination. I have no issues hearing or accessing anything and it fits very snug. The only issues are with the belt clip (can't tighten it enough to be safe with just your hands) but I had little to no intentions of using that (great idea, screen out to the world, so anyone can steal it, you can bump into something with it, or fall on the screen).

I had the incase before and it attracted so much dirt and lint in my pockets. It looked like crap 2 days after buying it, I was very dissapointed. Whats worse is that it scratched the bezel. Oh well.

I highly recommend this case. The holster got awful reviews (google it) cause of how easily you could pop it off your pants and how large it was, like it was ment for a huge belt.

Best of luck.

Thanks

on the elan snap in now and love it

Thanks
    I actually have the dlo hip case and I love it.. I also bought a full body protector from shieldzone and it was easy to put on and does really well in keeping it from getting scratched... It also fits perfectly in the dlo hop case.

I personally don't like the bulky cases that are out there. Or even the rubber cases.. They are just to big for me... I love my setup...

Banned
    Thanks

i just checked this site this morning and saw that they have some additional i-volution cases with flaps to cover the screen available now.

whenever i get a new phone or any gadget, i buy about 5 cases for it since i always want different options to carry it and different styles for different activities. but i'm thinking i really like my iphone naked (except for a brando screen protector) and the vaja pouch case i just got works really well. plus, i have the pro-clip cradle to mount the iphone in my car on the dashboard, and taking it in and out of anything but a pouch case isn't practical. so, i think i'll pass on this i-volution case for the moment, but i'm sure i'll continue to be tempted and will probably break down and get one anyway in the next few months...

if you've never had a vaja case before, they are absolutely lovely - high quality leather, hand-made, and sturdy. expensive, but you get what you pay for...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The Speck silicone case with holster/clip is a turd. The clip is only good to get your iPhone lost or stolen and the silicone case gets soft after about a week or so. When that happens crap gets between the case and the iPhone.

That casemate leather was great for me but my computer bag caught it one morning and the plastic under the leather snapped. The screw on button that clips to the belt gave me a scare when I found it had loosened once. I gave it a little extra twist and never had an issue with it again. Also, the clip makes a ton of noise. It clicks when the phone swings. Other than that it is a great case and it looks terrific.

After the casemate I went to bareback with a screen protector. I carry it in my pocket. Seems the iPhone is actually a tough little bugger. I have had it in my pocket with two sets of keys, lighters etc and no scratches or marks to speak of. So unless I find something that really looks nice with a tiny profile, I am probably not going back to a case.

Thanks
    why not try this one ?
    * 100% Brand New Leather Case holder
    * Made of High Quality Elegant Leather Material, hand-made stitch case!
    * Soft and Durable Leather Material
    * That Provide Excellent Protection
    * Comes with a plastic clip that Can Be Used to Clip On your Belt
    * Perfect fit and Easy to Insert and Remove
    * To Prevent Scratches and Bumps, Dirt, Grease to your Apple iPhone
    * Designed Especially for Apple iPhone
    * Apple iPhone is not included
    http://www.sourcingmap.com/leather-c...ck-p-8577.html
    Last edited by jennyyu; 09-09-2007 at 06:37 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought a Black Fitted Leather Case with belt clip made by Casemate from AT&T store. In fact I bought two of them (after the 1st one broke). The belt clip broke on both of them.

This is the one I bought http://www.wireless.att.com/global/M...cc-71572-l.jpg

Don't buy this one, you have been warned.