Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best car FM transmitter/dock

iPhone? More like MyPhone 40ozBulldog's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Best car FM transmitter/dock
    Hey everyone. I bought a $50 FM transmitter from best buy last week and its HORRID!! Its got the plug for the top jack and a the cord plugs into the cig lighter. Volume is pretty terrible so I have to turn it way up and then its got terrible static.

Taking this one back.

I dont care how much it is whats the best one out there?

1. I would prefer the actual dock that you sit the phone on with the plug on the bottom which im sure produces better sound than the headphone jack.
    2. If it plugs into the cig lighter thats fine but ive read some of those have issues holding the phone and begin to sag over time. So a stong one would be great
    3. Do they make a window mount one? Im sure they are stronger than the "flex tube" cig plug ones.

Anyone out there have a good one to reccommend. The only good one ive found is a XM dock and I dont have a need for XM radio just want to use it for Pandora and ipod songs. Thanks!!

I would buy a ipod cd player, id say you could get one for 100 or so.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 40ozBulldog's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks I'll look into that. Didn't know there was such a thing

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i think he is talking about a cd player that just has the hook ups for an ipod/iphone. there are getting really common. Lots of head units now come with them in so you just have find one that has all of the stuff that you want.
    If I have helped you please hit the Thanks button.

I got the tape deck adapter, works great and just plugs into the 3.5 jack. I dont have a mount though.

I have found that a aux in on your receiver is the best connection to date. This is the setup I've been using for quite a while now with no feedback or echo issues. May not be exactly what you're looking for but it may give you some ideas.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osLFRLL7qOw]YouTube - iphone handsfree iphone in car setup[/ame]

Iphone 3G, Mac Book, Ipad Mini, Vista, Windows 7

anything using rf is gonna sound terrible

your best bet is to get a radio with either an aux in or ipod/iphone capabilities. this way u have a digital signal not a analog signal thats getting interference from ever radio frequency near the one you use(a big problem when in big cities). Oh and everytime some trucker within 100ft keys up with his 2k cb setup your gonna probly get some interference(these bad boys can key in tokyo on a clear night).

now when buying a headunit study the unit almost everyone claims to be iphone/ipod compatible because of the aux in which is either a headphone jack or rca cables. this is fine as long as u dont wanna control songs with your radio just plug the headphone jack in and you are set but pandora likes to eat batteries so that means u gotta plug your car charger in to whick makes the interior of your car look like radioshack threw up in it.

a true iphone/ipod capable will have an adapter available for the iphone that not only charges it but allows u to trck threw the songs. also some of the dvd player models allow you to see album art and such on the screen during use. this would be your best bet u can mount the iphone out of site away from damage and a mcdonalds sweet tea accident. also some offer bluetooth to answer your phone and talk thru the radio but there pricey and for what one would cost u could go car pc.