Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Monster vs Skullcandy vs V-Moda vs Shure

Cool Monster vs Skullcandy vs V-Moda vs Shure
    I have an iPhone 3GS and I had a pair Skullcandy FMJs but my carseat decided to rip the FMJs in half. I've had the FMJs since Skullcandy first released them with in-line mics. But many companies have released new sets and I'm wondering whats the best out there.

So I have some products in mind:

Monster Beats "Tour" with ControlTalk by Dre
    Skullcandy "Full Metal Jacket" and the "Holua" with in-line mic
    V-Moda "Vibe Duo" and the "Vibe II"
    Shure, if they have products without an adapter for in-line mic

I loved my FMJs, though they would get uncomfortable at time. I tried out 2 V-Modas 2 years ago and wanted more bass out of them. I havent tried out the Beats Tour (i heard the were uncomfortable too) nor any Shure product.

i listen to all types of music and ill pay the price if the quality is worth it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to eurogroovem5 For This Useful Post:

Boricua33fly (04-30-2011)

Round of applause for IPAMAN everybody! Congrats on getting the 1st post and for completely ignoring euro's question!

Ok now that I got that out of my system...
    I had Skullcandy and was pretty happy with them but I never heard of any of the other headphones so I can't really tell you which of the headphones you listed is better.

I came in here thinking this was some kind of comparison between them since I am looking to see which ones I should buy. I guess I'll have to wait until somebody answers your question to get my answer as well.

By the way IPAMAN, iPhone's stock headphones suck huge ***...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fall3N iZ DoWn For This Useful Post:

Boricua33fly (04-30-2011)

go for the shure se110 (short cable) + shure mic adapter (they have an iphone pack, cheapest option with them), v-moda are very fragile, monster are overpriced and not so good (cool design though), (any) skullcandy are real crap (really really).
    Try the UE metro 220vi, got them, good SQ, but cant get a good fit in my ears.

BTW I prefer my Westone 3 though, very expensive, and no built-in mic.. but they worth it

For the price, Skullcandy is great, I have the "ink'd" earphones, there the best $20 earphones I've ever had, and they work with the 1st gen iPhone without the need for an adapter.

Now for quality, amazing sound and studio stuff, I'd say go with "audio-technica" I have the ATH-PRO700 and they were the best $160(amazon has them for like $119, regularly $270) I've spent in a really long time. http://www.geekstuff4u.com/media/cat...pro700sv_2.jpg

For the inline microphone stuff... I have no idea, I never use it. I use headphones for music way more then for talking, so I couldn't help ya there, sorry.
    Last edited by CabooseLoL; 12-06-2009 at 01:22 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ultimate Ears rule

Alright i have had almost all of these excluding Shure product(s)...

I have absolutely HATED all of the skull candy and my friends skull candy because there was no base. So since you are lookin at more base. I'd suggest no skull candy... at least not the ones I got

I got the Vmodas for christmas and they are great, give great bose and cancel out noise around you, I was unable to hear people next to me talking only see their lips move. I have had no problem with fragility with them though. With any of them actually.

I got the Beats for my birthday though and they are similar to the Vmodas only with the mic. As far as comfort goes, they are comfortable and come with different size ear buds, you just have to find the ones most comfortable for you. For me its 2 different sizes, the medium ball one and the small ball one, but in terms of comparing Vmoda vs. beats... they are pretty similar in sound quality just a bit more base in beats.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The competition seems quite interesting. But whatever what is, I must say something about skullcandy. I love skullcandy, it really looks great and has got a metallic style.
    mod/edit links removed

i would go with the skullcandies

iPhone? More like MyPhone Get_Zwole's Avatar
    Thanks

For the money the Nuforce NE6's or NE7's are better for the money. Skull candies are garbage. The lower line shures arent much better, monster are "ok" if you like that type of sound, never heard the other ones.
    go over to Head-fi.org and do some research many better brands then what you are looking at in this price category.
    Iphone 3G{S} 16gb Black

iPhone? More like MyPhone candymanmike's Avatar
    Thanks

not sure why you say skullcandies are garbage! i haven't bought anything BUT skullcandies since my first pair about 3 years ago. absolutely happy with them.
    Visit us on your sister site at www.ModMyMobile.com
    Follow me on Twitter @CandymanMike & on My Blog

iPhone? More like MyPhone diggie2002's Avatar
    Thanks

Try this!!! This mod has been posted before, I did it a few weeks ago. Freakin awesome!!!!! I've been using skullcandy's for years. For the price, they are the Sh*t!! my wife AND my daughter BOTH have a pair each!! Mine's the only 'modded' set tho....Takes 5 minutes to do too!!

Last edited by diggie2002; 01-25-2010 at 08:08 PM.
    Thank me if I helped you out!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by candymanmike View Post
    not sure why you say skullcandies are garbage! i haven't bought anything BUT skullcandies since my first pair about 3 years ago. absolutely happy with them.
    I should edit my statement and change it to if you just want sound they are great. If you want good sound however they are not.
    Last edited by Get_Zwole; 01-26-2010 at 03:54 PM.
    Iphone 3G{S} 16gb Black

My iPhone is a Part of Me E-Dragon's Avatar
    Thanks

I love my V-MODA Duo's... Even washed them once and they still work fine, but I think that was more luck then the way they are built.
    I think (and others that have listened to them)that they have great bass..
    Last edited by E-Dragon; 01-26-2010 at 11:55 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone candymanmike's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Get_Zwole View Post
    I should edit my statement and change it to if you just want sound they are great. If you want good sound however they are not.
    well i guess we all have our own opinions. personally i think they have great sound. 100 times better than the stock ones. mine have good bass and are crystal clear. and they are reasonably priced. but, like i said, we all have our own opinions.
    Visit us on your sister site at www.ModMyMobile.com
    Follow me on Twitter @CandymanMike & on My Blog

Green Apple
    Thanks

i know this posting is a bit old, but i figured i'd throw in my 2cents. I have shure and atomic bass radius headphones, both with the mic feature.

Shure i2c-m which has the mic, yes the 3mm jack fits the 2g iphones also. The sounds quality is great, bass is very good, good sound isolating (i use them to study), and fits well if you use the left plug in right ear and vice versa. However, the wires are thick and awkward, and the mic DOES NOT work well. PAID $30 after shipping on amazon last year.

so i went out and bought the atomic bass radius as i saw the reviews on CNET.

the atomic bass radius don't have quite the bass response as the shures do, but the quality of them is just perfect. I like how solid they feel as the housing is full aluminum (shures are plastic), the mic works far better than the shures. $32 from atomic bass radius (i think they were on sale)

for headphones that are half the price of the FMJ's, i think it is worth it considering CNET has the atomic bass radius matched up with $100 headsets.

Atomic Bass Earphones :: Products :: Radius Earphones - Simply the best value in earphones
    2G 16gb wrapped in a white incase slider w/ zagg invisible shield screen protector

Don't mean to hijack the thread. What about Klipsch? They consistently get very good reviews...almost like a lower priced version of Shure.

Green Apple
    Thanks

honestly, idk, but i'm interested in that brand also, they make some good speakers.
    2G 16gb wrapped in a white incase slider w/ zagg invisible shield screen protector

Thanks

klipsh low end models s4's etc sound better then most shure low end models. Now when you get into the higher money ranges se530's etc then shure is a great sounding IEM i wouldnt spend the money on shure unless your going top end though. S4's have alot of bass if thats what your after. Pretty good all around sound. Good prices on amazon most of the time as well.
    Head-Fi.org: Headphones, iPod earphones, portable audio, MP3 players, high-end audio go over here and do some research you can find much better sounding headphones then walmart or bestbuy brands for the money. If you spend alot of time there you will spend alot of money though lol. I learned the hard way.
    Iphone 3G{S} 16gb Black

Default wow... im still on the hunt
    so i ended up buying the 09' FMJs in black and white. Sure they looked pretty sweet with the fabric wrapped cord, but they failed on me in the first week and now im finally getting a chance to have them replaced. they had cost me around 65-70 or so and my 3 year old smokin buds which were around 30 are better sounding than the FMJs.

i got an email from Skullcandy. they announced a new set called 50/50s. they look sweet but i dont think i can fall victim once again.

So pretty much i have been looking at Etymotic HF2 and Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5vi. any opinion on these 2 choices? LoL you guys are awesome. sorry im such a whore with the headphones

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast