Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Motorbike Helmet speakers
11-05-2009, 08:49 PM #1
Motorbike Helmet speakers
Did this for me and figured that someone may appreciate it. Remember that PSP that you bought and was the s**t before the iPhone came out? Remember those headphones that have the microphone that looked stupid but you shelled out $30 for anyway so you could Skype on your PSP? Follow these steps to use these headphones in a useful manner (if you ride a motorbike/dirtbike and want to listen to tunes from your iPhone.)
1) snap the silver casing off-see picture 1
2) snap shiny silver smaller casing off-see picture 2
3) unscrew the screw- see picture 3
4) take out the ear thing, the screw and spring- see picture 4 for what the stuff you have taken out should look like-see picture 5 for what's left should look like
5) repeat steps 1-4 on the other earbud.
6) Cut a space for each earbud into the padding of your helmet (my helmet had a spot already there where I could fit them)
7) cut a thin slice of padding around the head to put the wire into.
8) glue both earbuds in making sure the one with the microphone is on the left (if you want it temporary use tape)
YOU NOW HAVE HEADPHONES BUILT INTO YOUR HELMET WITH A MICRPHONE SO THAT YOU CAN LISTEN TO MUSIC AND TALK ON THE PHONE WHILE ON A MOTORBIKE!!!!!!
(This is definately not safe. Don't blame me when you get in a wreck. The helmet is meant to protect you from the cement as well as from talking to others and listening to music easily, so this probably isn't a good idea. I did it anyway.)
Photos 6-8 show various stages of the operation
6= the speaker is circled in purple...it's already in the helmet
7=the speaker is circled in purple...it's being put into the helmet
8=the microphone is circled in purple...just cause
HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE!The Next Generation of Phreaks.
The Following User Says Thank You to wannabprogramma For This Useful Post: