Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Concept: Case with camera flash.

Default Concept: Case with camera flash.
    Now that there are cases for the iphone that has a battery, I wonder if this can be taken a step further to make a case with a built-in camera flash. Is there anyway for a flash to interface with the iphone for it to theoretically work? I would suppose you would have to use a 3rd party camera app?

Edit: I just found one

http://fastmac.com/iv.php

Looks ugly as hell though.
    Last edited by NegativeBeef; 10-06-2009 at 04:04 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sadhunni's Avatar
    Thanks

the 3rd party apps suck and doesnt make it any better. I will probably get this one instead wasting more money for flash apps.

Thanks

Yes. I agree. I had like 4 apps that contains flash or zoom. They suck. This is different, at least it builds light. I probably grab one.

Found something similar: http://www.usbfever.com/index_eprodu...roducts_id=811
    Last edited by Sadhunni; 10-06-2009 at 08:54 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Agreed. I always have to edit them in Photoshop regardless the 3rd party app's primary role.
    Nothing beats the iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadhunni View Post
    Yes. I agree. I had like 4 apps that contains flash or zoom. They suck. This is different, at least it builds light. I probably grab one.

Found something similar: http://www.usbfever.com/index_eprodu...roducts_id=811
    That looks pretty ugly too and doesn't look like it will protect the phone very well.

Thanks

I know the one you posted is better because it charges up to 3100mah. I know is ugly but I probably wont use it as a case. I will just use it as flash and battery extender. I ordered one through amazon which is cheaper than the link you provided us

i have this case works very well gives me over 10 more hours of gaming the flash is only good at very close range works better as a light to walk with or see in dark places with.
    SkiHound ,,, Loves his Iphone,

Thanks

How was the pictures taken with flash? Quality good? I just ordered yesterday and waiting for it to come

I would rather have something that looks like a real case. I wish incase would add a camera flash to their power slider. That would be sweet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DSG04lightning's Avatar
    Thanks

i also have this battery, but i dont use it as a case i use it when im traveling or when im going to be out all day, as a battery its excellent lasting 2 sometimes even 3 days without a charge. i havent taken any pics with the flash as i rarely use my iphone camera but its great as a light in the dark.

why buy a iPhone if your gonna make it that big and ugly

Good idea, but both those links show crap products imho :S

It should rather be:
    - A full case so that it acts as protection as well
    - Something slim so not to add as much bulk as the above two examples

Im sure someone will make something more decent soon... Or maybe we will just be expected to either get a camera or wait for the next iPhone that -might- have one...

Here are some more examples:

Best bet? SnaptureFlash : SnaptureFlash Hands-on: The iPhone's First Camera Flash Solution - SnaptureFlash - Gizmodo

Factron Case: Factron iPhone case packs interchangeable camera lenses, built-in excess
    LoL - no thanks - looks like something out of Fallout 3 :P
    Besides, for that price, you can almost buy a decent pocket camera...

Mobile phone cases: 4-in-1 iPhone leather case integrates camera flash, stylus, battery
    Leather Case? No Thanks
    Rear protection only? No Thanks
    Last edited by SupaMonkey; 10-13-2009 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

didnt even know that sutff like this was aournd...
    but why would u try it on and iPhone? at 2mp u cant really enhance anything IMO

this would be a great feature to have!