+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wild Charger = No More Cables!

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Lazybone was once a name for the tv remote control designed by Zenith and was released in the 1950's. It had a long cable and a few buttons on it
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Wild Charger = No More Cables!

Lazybone was once a name for the tv remote control designed by Zenith and was released in the 1950's. It had a long cable and a few buttons on it and of course was less practical. This was eventually remedied though with the advent of the alkaline battery which made it’s way into all sorts of gadgets like remotes, electric razors, etc. However this led us to a new problem, batteries die and then need to be replaced. Enter the rechargeable battery! But wait now we’re right back to having cables to charge everything, but now we can get rid of those clumsy, frustrating cables now!

Enable your iPhone for wire-free charging with the WildCharge Adapter Skin. WildCharge technology is integrated into a flexible protective gel cover (“skin”) that fits snugly over the body of the iPhone. Embedded into the back of the protective skin is the WildCharge contact module that makes electrical connection with the surface of the WildCharger Pad. Available in matte black only.

WildCharge Adapter Skin Benefits

Compatible with all iPhone models
    Convenient, wire-free charging
    Protects your iPhone
    Easily installed and removed
    Ergonomically designed

Price $79.99 for all you lazy bones! )

Bundle includes: WildCharge Skin for iPhone, WildCharger Pad and AC power adapter, and Installation Guide

Hey for all you iPod owners they didn't forget about you! It's also available for the iPod:

Enable your iPod touch for wire-free charging with the WildCharge Adapter Skin. WildCharge technology is integrated into a flexible protective gel cover (“skin”) that fits snugly over the body of the iPod touch. Embedded into the back of the protective skin is the WildCharge contact module that makes electrical connection with the surface of the WildCharger Pad. Available in matte black only.

Price $79.99 for all of you lazybones! )

WildCharge Pad & Skin Bundle for iPod touch

WildCharge Pad & Skin Bundle for iPhone

It comes with the Adapter skin for the iPhone and iPod sold separately $34.99 each and also the WildCharger pad only sold separately for $49.99 each.

WildCharge adapters for Apple

WildCharger…Pesky Cables Be Gone! – Blog, Hardware – 148Apps – iPhone App and Game Reviews and News
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 09-11-2009 at 07:52 PM. Reason: added pic and adjusted

"Always remember your special and unique!"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thetoothfairy For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (09-11-2009)

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Its got a "cool" factor......but if I have to leave it laying on the pad, its actually more restricting than a cable

Thanks

^ Yes you have a good point there! But it would be cool if you just wanted to charge it instead of maybe talking on the iphone while charging it... I guess it would depend on each persons preference for charging their iPhones and iPods.... I could see myself using something like this....

I over used my charging cable and near the base of the cable the wires started to stick out and I had to buy a new one....

EDIT: I never used the charging cradle that came with any of my phones... I always hook them to my laptop or wall to charge but if I had to depend on the charging cradle I would want this before using that...
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 09-11-2009 at 07:59 PM. Reason: edit

Thanks

Its pretty cool, what kinda turns me off about it (personal preference) is that you have to use their case on the iphone for it to work.

Im pretty picky when it comes to cases

Thanks
    Thanked 9,621 Times in 5,899 Posts

I agree, has a "cool" concept. So when you want to plug a USB into it you have to remove the skin? Cumbersome perhaps and the nub on the bottom is weird maybe. Would need a close up view.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 09-11-2009 at 08:18 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    the nub on the bottom
    iNipple.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,621 Times in 5,899 Posts

oOH, iSee. lolz

Thanks

Well I have to agree about the case as well.... I am picky also... wonder if it has a cool case or not? I am sure some that come to MMI might want to buy something as this.... if anyone does please share pics and experience!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

A cheap no bulk cable V/S a huge space taker on my desk = not apple like which is more function, less bulk through elegant minimal form.

It's cool, that's as far as it goes with me.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think its a nice "concept" but the bulk of space and the fact if i have a case on my iphone id need to remove it EVERY time i need to recharge it would be very anoying. All-in-all i agree with most responces, it just needs to be more "adaptable" with the millions of other cases users are fond of.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dhruvmalik's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice Idea, case needs some work. But I cant see why people would buy this, all it takes is just pulling the cable out and you are good to go.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I also agree that it's a cool concept, but they need to make it more functional and look a bit more like the Palm Pre's touchstone. The touchstone is a cool idea that I would like to see further developed to include wireless syncing as well as wireless induction charging, which is where I see things heading in the next few years.

Cords are for sucks!

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

What they need to do is start rolling out conductive surfaces in bulk. If I can cover my desk/tables and certain spots around the house as "charge zones" then my life would officially jump into "sci fi future I always dreamed of".

Get home, drop phone on desk and OH GOD IT'S CHARGING TECHNOLOGY YOU ARE THE BEST THING EVER

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Periodic's Avatar
    Thanks

If i had one of these it would inevitably end in me playing with it trying to get it to shock me when im bored...i'd find a way

but no reading the warnings that's cheating