+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: World's thinnest rechargeable battery case? I received mine today.

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Thanks to Gom33 and other members whom has reply my thread, I' just received my mophie juice pack air (white) today and start to slide my iphone into this case.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default World's thinnest rechargeable battery case? I received mine today.
    Thanks to Gom33 and other members whom has reply my thread, I' just received my mophie juice pack air (white) today and start to slide my iphone into this case. I like it's design and very helpful cuz this case solved all of my battery problems. Although it is my first time to mophie's case, i'm very satisfy with it.

However, I can't believe this is the World's thinnest rechargeable battery case... my first impression of this product is so much thicker than i expected though i'd watched the review video on youtube...( can't imagine the thickness of other similar products such as incase power slider!)

furthermore, what i care the most is there is a prlblem that bothering me. the problem is after the initial use of this case for around 1 or 2 hours, my phone then automatically can't detect the mophie case (even I have already turned on the switch (green)).and afterwards (after 1 second) the phone can detect it again (just like the the switch has been turn on and off frequently!)

Afterwards, the back of this case seems very hot. i dont know why. maybe it was because it drains out of battery of the case? i tuned off immediately afterwards.

anyone has the same circumstance like me? anyone know why ?

one more thing that also confused me: it seems it's very tight to slide my iphone into the mophie case and very hard to pull out from the case as well. Why? Is it because the used of invisible shield full body protection will makes it thicker and hence hard to slide in?

thx in advance.
    Last edited by XFRX; 09-11-2009 at 07:48 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

It is not designed to be used with invisble shield.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i noticed it gets hot also bro and yes, you cannot use the invisishield with the case, that is why it is tight... honestly, not to dissappoint you or anything, but after a week and a half use, I ended up returning mine. I was impressed at first, but I don't know if it was just my case, but it only gave me maybe 2-3 hours of extra time. I have heard of people getting at least 4 hours.

I heard the incase will be redesigning their in the upcoing holidays, so I will wait for that and try that one out.

This is just from my experience, but I have heard many people with good experience with their mophie.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Yeah the film protector will make it really hard to get on. And it is the "worlds thinnest" even though it does make the phone quite a bit thicker.

Your supposed to fully charge the case before placing it on the phone the first time or it will act kinda funny for a few days till it gets run in. Mine did the same but after the second day or so it worked great.

And its gonna get hot while charging...thats normal.

My impression....I like having it "in case", but I think it could be improved alot.

Thanks
    I tried my iPhone Power Station battery on a friend's 3GS and it worked.

Must say that it is not designed neither claims to support 3GS.

I actually have two of them for my 3G (they cost around 35$) and am a happy man since I juice out my iPhone everyday by extreme use...It actually charges faster than plugging to an outlet and after a year of use has had no problems whatsoever...true lifesaver

It does add some bulk to the phone and it's not very stable on it - you have to be gentle, but the pros outweigh the cons for me... My 3GS friend asked me to order one for him so I could let him test drive it and see if his iPhone shows any problems, or maybe explodes...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gom33 View Post
    i noticed it gets hot also bro and yes, you cannot use the invisishield with the case, that is why it is tight... honestly, not to dissappoint you or anything, but after a week and a half use, I ended up returning mine. I was impressed at first, but I don't know if it was just my case, but it only gave me maybe 2-3 hours of extra time. I have heard of people getting at least 4 hours.

I heard the incase will be redesigning their in the upcoing holidays, so I will wait for that and try that one out.

This is just from my experience, but I have heard many people with good experience with their mophie.

yah, same as me. i'm wondering how come mine one only have 2-3 extra hours which is inconsistent with the description...it's weird

furthermore, a kinda confuse is that my 3GS always has a very poor cellular cover after slide my phone into the mophie juice air. Why? is that the case will influence the cellular networks cuz my phone works quite well without the case. so im wondering is it possible the mophie case have block the cellular signal kinda things??? this happens frequently and hence can't make a phone call unless pull out the case. did anyone has the same experience like this? (Idon't know whether the problem is on the are that has a low cellur cover or the case's problem)
    Last edited by XFRX; 09-17-2009 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XFRX View Post
    yah, same as me. i'm wondering how come mine one only have 2-3 extra hours which is inconsistent with the description...it's weird

furthermore, a kinda confuse is that my 3GS always has a very poor cellular cover after slide my phone into the mophie juice air. Why? is that the case will influence the cellular networks cuz my phone works quite well without the case. so im wondering is it possible the mophie case have block the cellular signal kinda things??? this happens frequently and hence can't make a phone call unless pull out the case. did anyone has the same experience like this? (Idon't know whether the problem is on the are that has a low cellur cover or the case's problem)
    I have the same problems my juice pack doesnt last long and it gives me TERRIBLE reception!! im thinking of putting it on ebay and making some extra money off of it cause its really affecting my reception! with case on i constantly getting 2 bars and when i use internet it takes a while! dissapointed with this case

Thanks

It interfes with the signal because the top blocks the antenna. yes there are flaws to the mophie but i happen to like mine..to the extent when mine broke after a few uses (not really sure what happend but the charing plug went nuts) I sent it back and they replaced it free of charge.

And yeah, if you just slapped the mophie on there thats problem one, you have to let it juice up before first use, I let it charge all night before I used it the first time..

To those expecting more juice, it's only at 1200 mah, so it wont give you as much as the juice pack, which is at 1800 mah.. The more MAH, the more juice you will get... I'd check out the juice pack, it's a different design, and more mah..

Or, you could get the richard solo 1800 i love that thing, I lost it after a recent trip though so it's back to my mophie..

I work 12 hour shifts so battery life is of most importance to me simply for the sake of using my phone...

Also, it depends on whether or not you use the phone first, then case or case first then phone (as far as which battery) I've read your supposed to use the phone first, then the case.. I didnt get a chance to test mine much before the incident occured but i'm getting it sometime today and will keep everyone posted.

Maybe I'm biased because of the excellent customer service mophie has given me.. Just my .02

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow how much was it?

Thanks

I have been using this china Q Power for 5 Months now and have no complains yet Dual Sim card adaptor for iPhone 3g
    it is not a known brand but i highly recommend it

Quote Originally Posted by HayWire View Post
    It interfes with the signal because the top blocks the antenna. yes there are flaws to the mophie but i happen to like mine..to the extent when mine broke after a few uses (not really sure what happend but the charing plug went nuts) I sent it back and they replaced it free of charge.

And yeah, if you just slapped the mophie on there thats problem one, you have to let it juice up before first use, I let it charge all night before I used it the first time..

To those expecting more juice, it's only at 1200 mah, so it wont give you as much as the juice pack, which is at 1800 mah.. The more MAH, the more juice you will get... I'd check out the juice pack, it's a different design, and more mah..

Or, you could get the richard solo 1800 i love that thing, I lost it after a recent trip though so it's back to my mophie..

I work 12 hour shifts so battery life is of most importance to me simply for the sake of using my phone...

Also, it depends on whether or not you use the phone first, then case or case first then phone (as far as which battery) I've read your supposed to use the phone first, then the case.. I didnt get a chance to test mine much before the incident occured but i'm getting it sometime today and will keep everyone posted.

Maybe I'm biased because of the excellent customer service mophie has given me.. Just my .02

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

It really looks wonderful. I am very excited to get it in my hand as soon as possible. The design is very sleek and also looks fashionable as it has a trendy look. Great to get this post. Thanks for sharing.
    mod/edit links removed