+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Casecrown Glider Review

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
So, I got this case a few weeks back and I have to say that I'm really impressed. In many ways it's very similar to the InCase Slider that has
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Casecrown Glider Review
    So, I got this case a few weeks back and I have to say that I'm really impressed. In many ways it's very similar to the InCase Slider that has the rubberized paint on the back.

It's a polycarbonate case so you have the protection of a hard case, but with the rubberized finish around the whole case it doesn't feel slippery in your hand at all. Another sweet bonus that I personally love is the felt lining on the inside of the case. It's only along the very back of the case, but it keeps any hard surface from rubbing the back of your phone and makes sliding your phone into the case feel great.

There are a couple of negatives, though, that some people might find deal breakers. As of right now there are a limited amount of colors. It's currently black, purple (that is actually a very bright purple that almost looks pink when the light hits it right), bright blue and a dark burgundy red. My wife has the purple and I currently have the red and the black that I'll switch between depending on mood/desire to change things up.

Unfortunately, no white at the moment.

Also, this case doesn't cover as much of your screen as the InCase Slider case does. I personally count this as a positive since the InCase always made the edges of my screen protector bubble a bit, no matter how perfectly I aligned it. The Glider is a lot more forgiving in this respect, but at the cost of occasionally showing a little bit of the chrome bezel. I know a lot of people hate being able to see the bezel, but personally I don't mind it.

My camera is currently busted due to an unfortunate incident involving a really windy day and an elevated back deck, but you can watch a video review here:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ivq0ZD9xGs[/ame]

And you can pick up the cases here:

POLYCARBONATE GLIDER - iPHONE

They're having a special where all their cases are only $9.21 (probably until the end of summer on 9/21). This case normally retails for $24.95 and is totally worth it, but for under 10 bucks you guys can't go wrong here. If you like the InCase Slider but are looking for something a little different, give the Casecrown Glider a try. I'm really impressed with all the cases I've gotten from Casecrown; they seem to be a really quality driven company and you should give them a shot.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiserai For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (09-12-2009), nhstunner (09-29-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

mine will be here tomorrow. seen the review monday. looks good and you really cant beat 10 bucks haha.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ordered mine last night! I was looking for a solution to the scratching done by the inside of the INCASE Slider, so this was perfect for less then 10 bucks.. I got two one for me and my girl..

still less than a incase...

Casecrowns Glider has a felt lining and the colors I think the matte finish is nicer aesthetically. Free shipping

so for 20 bucks I got two fairly decent cases..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok, I have mine on now and it deffinetly is a nice case, especiall for 10 bucks! There is only a few issues that may be minute, and I have not yet tested its durability over time/use.

One thing you will notice is the cutouts are really big. Especially the camera one. So be sure to clean your iphone frequently as dust ill get behind the case fairly easily.

The fit is great, but you will notice it does show the bezel VERY little around some edges.

What I do like about this case tho is that it does fit perfectly with any standard screen protector. I currently have a Steinheil Anti Fingerprint Screen Protector on mine and it does not interfere with the case at all.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just ordered mine... Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 9,732 Times in 5,978 Posts

Great review, great price. Could not pass up the deal, ordered all 3 colors.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

Kiserai (09-13-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I got two questions tho, will this work with the invisible shield? If not, does it cause scratching from inside the case?

Edit:
    OMG they don't ship to Canadian addresses. I'm really pissed off now....
    Last edited by Deviatorz; 09-12-2009 at 03:01 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am super happy mu girl loved the color and the finish.. She thought it was a 40$ case!! I am going to pick up a couple more just because they are so cheap I mean this thing is better then the INcase Slider.. My only gripe is the logo on the back, also they should include a cover for the connector that would complete it in my mind.. So 9/10

The felt lining is sick

this is a must buy for 9.21 free shipping

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deviatorz View Post
    I got two questions tho, will this work with the invisible shield? If not, does it cause scratching from inside the case?

Edit:
    OMG they don't ship to Canadian addresses. I'm really pissed off now....
    I don't know anybody who's tried it with an invisible shield. I heard somebody else in another video review say that it wouldn't scratch or interfere with it, but I don't have an invisible shield of my own to give you an answer one way or another.

Anybody tried this with an invisible shield?

Also, Amazon.com resells them for a little bit of a markup. You should be able to get them to ship it to a Canadian address.
    Last edited by Kiserai; 09-13-2009 at 05:33 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dhruvmalik's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks really nice, I just ordered the incase slider for 3gs. I think ill give this a chance also.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I actually ordered 2 more, just to have a couple for such a low price why not lol. These are going to be used for specific times tho once my Vaja case comes

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Great review, great price. Could not pass up the deal, ordered all 3 colors.
    How many cases could one person need?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    lol, Well one would expect the quality to deminish rather quickly for a 10$ case, so having a couple in storage would be ideal incase something happens to the case, or it just wears out bad enough you want to chuck it but dont have a new one handy yet. There is always going to be a time you can use it in some situations right?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

lol. I really wouldn't know I guess. I used a case on my iPhone 2G back in September 07 and three weeks later I took it off and realized how cases take away what I love about my phone, its sleek thin design. I haven't used a case on any of my phones since then.

(Also I found that most of the time dust and stuff got in between the case and the phone and ended up scratching it anyways)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Taji View Post
    lol, Well one would expect the quality to deminish rather quickly for a 10$ case, so having a couple in storage would be ideal incase something happens to the case, or it just wears out bad enough you want to chuck it but dont have a new one handy yet. There is always going to be a time you can use it in some situations right?
    Remember, this case is only $10 on sale. It's normally 24.95, and it feels like it's more expensive than an InCase Slider (to me) when you hold it in your hand.

I've been using mine for a few weeks now and the back of the case still looks brand new. This thing isn't cheaply made at all, they're just having a hell of a sale right now and the gettin is good.

And while I agree with Stealth that having a case on your iPhone takes a lot away from the sleek, beautiful design of the iPhone, I don't want to risk something happening to my phone that causes it to hit the floor and crack. Call me paranoid, but **** happens. A lot.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,732 Times in 5,978 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    If you only knew, I have one for every mood. (maybe 15 different cases)

And I do agree, when I take a case off I stare at the phone, it is beautiful. But I just want to protect it. My phone is new only about 2 or 3 months old and have had a case on it ever since I took the protective plastic off that Apple puts on it and it has ZERO scratches, perfect as day 1.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

Kiserai (09-13-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    And I do agree, when I take a case off I stare at the phone, it is beautiful. But I just want to protect it. My phone is new only about 2 or 3 months old and have had a case on it ever since I took the protective plastic off that Apple puts on it and it has ZERO scratches, perfect as day 1.
    I also take good care of my things and even without a case my iPhone would probably look brand new, but I also share your desire to protect it.

Also, iPhones are reselling very well right now so if I have an opportunity to upgrade to a 3GS I want to be able to turn around and sell my current iPhone 3G for as much as possible because it still looks like it did the day I took it out of the box. Well, the box Apple sent my second warranty replacement iPhone in, anyways...

When I upgraded from my 2G to my first 3G, I ended up making money instead of spending it because I was able to sell my old, jailbroken 2G iPhone to a T-Mobile customer who really wanted an iPhone but didn't want to switch carriers or have to worry about trying to unlock it himself (and yes, I did give him the speech about software unlock vs hardware unlock - he looked at me like I was speaking Spanish, but that's his problem not mine since I at least tried). Since it looked brand new, he had no problem handing over $280.00 for a year old iPhone. If I hadn't kept it pristine, he probably would have haggled me down closer to $200.00.

Taking care of your stuff and keeping it looking new has many benefits and few detriments, and plus putting a case on your iPhone helps personalize it in more obvious ways than adding themes does, although I would never run a phone at this point without Winterboard. I loves my UI Mods.

Thanks

I picked up one of these just for shts and giggles... I right now have the Switcheasy Rebel Serpent... and I think it is one of the sickest cases out there... looks alien like. But I used to have an incase slider and loved it to death... but when i sold my 3G to get a 3GS, I sold the case with it...
    So I thought Id pick one of these up to see if it is the same quality.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kiserai View Post
    Remember, this case is only $10 on sale. It's normally 24.95, and it feels like it's more expensive than an InCase Slider (to me) when you hold it in your hand.

I've been using mine for a few weeks now and the back of the case still looks brand new. This thing isn't cheaply made at all, they're just having a hell of a sale right now and the gettin is good.

And while I agree with Stealth that having a case on your iPhone takes a lot away from the sleek, beautiful design of the iPhone, I don't want to risk something happening to my phone that causes it to hit the floor and crack. Call me paranoid, but **** happens. A lot.

Truer words haven't been spoken

**** happens EVERY DAY!!!

just gotta make sure you avoid it as it comes.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

For the people who have received your cases, I have a quick question.

How tall is the bezel around the front of the case? I generally keep my phone face down at work so I can hear my notifications better, but hate the thought of something banging against the front of my screen. In this regard most cases have been good, but I'd be curious from this case as well.

Cheers!