+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Using 2 different simcards in 1 iPhone with iLLuminatik Dual simcard adaptor

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Seen this in blogs around, maybe solution to use two different sim cards in one iPhone will be the next Race in iPhone Accessories. iLLuminatik have announced their first iPhone
    Thanks

Default Using 2 different simcards in 1 iPhone with iLLuminatik Dual simcard adaptor
    Seen this in blogs around, maybe solution to use two different sim cards in one iPhone will be the next Race in iPhone Accessories.

iLLuminatik have announced their first iPhone dual sim adaptor that you can use with most cases in the market and no need to cut your sim card, works with 3G/UMTS cards and Networks Home page

it may not be the most beautiful we have seen but it sure seems like a good idea when you are traveling and better than carrying 2 phones around..

I bet this concept will be copied or improved by many other accessories designers.

A very Brave step by iLLuminatik.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tangui For This Useful Post:

Meche (09-13-2009)

Thanks

Or... just buy a second iPhone! ROFL!!!

I actually saw a SIM adapter for the PC that comes with a SIM that can have 6 different phone numbers... and I have thought about buying it...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

thats a pretty interesting design.

I would get way to confused though with two numbers, on one phone lol. i'd rather buy another iphone, just a different color lol
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    thats a pretty interesting design.

I would get way to confused though with two numbers, on one phone lol. i'd rather buy another iphone, just a different color lol
    hehe if you are confused on two numbers in one phone I wonder what you will do with 2 numbers in 2 phones.

I think we will be seeing more of those coming out in the market now because the iPhone Case market is saturated.

I read on their Blog that they are Teaming up with XSKN EXO for a special case with back pack for Dual SIM card for iPhone.

Let`s watch iLLuminatik

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am using the iLLuminatik dual simcard with the Power Pack, Working very good, just that the only trick to be online on both cards at same time is to divert but everything is OK.

also first time booting up the dual simcards iPhone takes about .30seconds delay but normal after the first time.

Battery consumption is normal, well it comes with a Power pack

= Pass

and don`t get ripped off, you can buy the iLLuminatik dual simcard with iPhone Power pack much cheaper in eBay
    Last edited by Meche; 09-14-2009 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Today got my iPhone 3Gs and testing illuminatik dual sim with Power adopter on iPhone 3Gs, it is working same as in iPhone 3G, no difference = OK

observation:- for iPhone 3Gs the little brown scotch tape on the dual sim card must be removed because I found out the SIM insert opening in 3Gs is more narrow than 3G, also little force is used to push the dual simcard into 3Gs SIM tray opening.

Illuminatik dual sim + Power adopter on 3G = PASS

Illuminatik dual sim + Power adopter on 3Gs = PASS

I am using the dual sim + Power adopter from eBay

Thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

How to use the dual simcard adaptor? I don't know the actual use of it. I have this adaptor and two sims. I want to use both of them. How can I?

Green Apple
    Thanks

That is a pretty creative idea, but i think id just buy a 2nd phone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronblade View Post
    How to use the dual simcard adaptor? I don't know the actual use of it. I have this adaptor and two sims. I want to use both of them. How can I?
    Screen Shots and detailed instructions you can find at Home page I just ordered because I read somme good feedbacks about this product in ebay

Green Apple
    Thanks

item received, AAA+++ working as described

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cradle For This Useful Post:

crashnburn_in (10-24-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does this work for 2G / 3G / 3GS ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi everyone,

I just got an iphone a couple of weeks back and i also purchased the illkuminatik 4in1 dual sim kit . I can't seem to use my second sim. Does my phone have to be unlocked so that i can use both sims? i am currently on a plan with one of the networks. Hoping for a reply asap!

Is your iphone unlocked? cos i can't seem to use both sims on mine with the dual sim adaptor.

oh and by the way i just need to clarify whether both sims may be active at the same time or does one sim have to be deactivated while the other one works?
    Last edited by yogabbagabba; 11-12-2009 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Once I used such accessories for my nokia. But it did affect on my network ic. So I am so afraid to use dual sim tray in my iphone. Have anyone experienced any problem with this?
    mod/edit links removed

Green Apple
    Thanks

I use that. both cards have to be unlocked and to receive calls on both lines same time you need the call divert function

Quote Originally Posted by yogabbagabba View Post
    hi everyone,

I just got an iphone a couple of weeks back and i also purchased the illkuminatik 4in1 dual sim kit . I can't seem to use my second sim. Does my phone have to be unlocked so that i can use both sims? i am currently on a plan with one of the networks. Hoping for a reply asap!

Is your iphone unlocked? cos i can't seem to use both sims on mine with the dual sim adaptor.

oh and by the way i just need to clarify whether both sims may be active at the same time or does one sim have to be deactivated while the other one works?