+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Soft case with cut out Apple logo?

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I've been looking for a soft case (kind of like the feel of an Incase Slider) that covers the whole phone with a cut out of the Apple logo on
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Soft case with cut out Apple logo?
    I've been looking for a soft case (kind of like the feel of an Incase Slider) that covers the whole phone with a cut out of the Apple logo on the back. I took a look around and I only found hard cases. I'm not into the shiny look so that narrowed it down to the Satin series from Ultra-Case. I also looked on eBay but those are hard cases as well. The concern I have with the Ultra-Case is that it only covers the back and leaves the chrome bezel exposed. Any ideas if there are any of these out there?

Also, does a soft case like Incase slider really offer more shock resistant protection for dropping the phone than a hard shell case? That is my main reason for getting a soft case. I haven't dropped it yet, but that's not to say that it won't happen.

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The incase slider ISN'T a soft case. It is hard plastic shell with two small rubber rails on the inside...there is nothing soft about it. The ultra case is also not soft.

I have some silicone cases on my site that have a circle for the Apple logo, but do you actually want a soft case given that the reference case you give is hard plastic?

http://www.caseify.com/products/spir...ne-3g-3gs-blue

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

my mistake. thanks for clarifying for me. but the incase slider is the one that's kind of rubbery on the outside right? if it is then I'm looking for something like it with an apple logo cut out on the back instead of just a circle (if there are any out there). I made an order for the one on that link before I made this post. just for the time being until I find one I really like. thanks.
    also, does a soft case offer any more protection against a fall than a hard case?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Get_Zwole's Avatar
    Thanks

the slider isnt rubbery on the back either just straight plastic. Just two small rubber rails that run through the inside to keep the fit snug.
    Iphone 3G{S} 16gb Black

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    It's my opinion that a soft case offers more impact protection than a hard one. The physicist in me envisions shock dissipation and all that.

Personally, I like materials similar to that of the iSkin Solo and More. Hydrocarbon Polymer cases--slick like a hard shell, but with a little squish to them like silicone.