+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i know im really new but...

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Im just trying to get a vote on what everyone thinks is the best screen protector. i have tryed a few and allways have to cut them down to fit
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Post i know im really new but...
    Im just trying to get a vote on what everyone thinks is the best screen protector. i have tryed a few and allways have to cut them down to fit my 1st gen even if they say 1st gen so please post your thoughts on the tiny pieces of plastic we all pay a bundle for

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Best skin ever is always a perfect fit. It's also the most resistant to fingerprint, of which I have never had ANY on my BSE's over 2 years.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

The Invisible shields from zagg are a great product. I have had one since i have bought my iPhone.

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the invisibleSHIELD from Zagg. I'm actually a member of their Zagg Zealot program because I've bought so many.
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

^ If it was that good of a product you wouldn't need to buy them in bulk.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks
    Thanked 9,626 Times in 5,901 Posts

Meh, I've tried them so many, and like one1 stated, fit is the most important part to me. But I change mine about every couple of weeks so it got expensive.
    Not a fan of the mirror finish or the frosted ones.
    But I have found a trader on eBay where I buy them 5 at a time and truthfully I like them. Best part is I can get 15 of them for the price of 1 from the Apple store or where ever. Just my 2 cents.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I tryed the Zagg and I didn't like it much. It is too thick and it was sort of hard to put on. Best skins ever is really really good. not so thick, easier to put on, fits perfect, and it only cost $9.99 shipped! compared to the Zagg which cost me like $22.00 on sale, shipped.

Thanks

well my first time applying my invisible shield didnt look THAT good, like it wasnt perfect, but 6 months down the track i bought another, and it went on perfect. What i like about it, is that the front and back have no scratches, there are some on the bezel, but apart from that it looks in good nic

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah i got a invisable shield and the friggin thing was scratched in a day from what i am thinking was a chunk of lint in my pocket so unless that was a totally flawed protector they can have the military grade stuff cause if a lint ball made it foggy i dont even want to know what a key would really do.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I personally use BodyGardz on the back and Ghost Armor on the front.
    I like the extra grip of the BG for the back but the much smoother (aka no orange peel) of the Ghost for the front.
    I have tried BSE, IS, GA, and BG. My own experience has been BG were cut the most accurate, stayed tighter in the corners and were reasonable to apply.
    Last edited by Michael415; 07-20-2009 at 12:20 AM.

Thanks

What are you all doing to your screens? I just had my 3G replaced under waranty after 11 months and never changed my Apple store purchased crystal protector. I keep the thing in my back pocket mostly or a front pocket. Often just loose in my purse. Screen looked great although it did get fingerprinted. The unprotected back got all scratched so with the new one I think a rear protector would be a good idea.
    Getting a new 3GS tomorrow I think, so il want to protect it. May try the best skin or the Zagg this time.

Thanks

Is that a good idea bhz1? The 3GS has a fingerprint repellent coating which wont work with a screen protector.
    Tomorrow would be a good time to get a 3GS but make sure you get your signed iBEC and iBSS files while you can - the day after tomorrow could be too late (come to think of it, tomorrow might be).
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The screen protector on my 3gs holds just as well as on my 3g. I think the fingerprint coating is just for the oils of your fingers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Is that a good idea bhz1? The 3GS has a fingerprint repellent coating which wont work with a screen protector.
    Tomorrow would be a good time to get a 3GS but make sure you get your signed iBEC and iBSS files while you can - the day after tomorrow could be too late (come to think of it, tomorrow might be).
    I did not know about the fingerprint coating on the GS- thanks for that info. I ordered my 3GS through the Apple online store on the 13th and its being shipped to me directly. Interestingly its being shipped direcly from China and its been at the Fed Ex facility there over the weekend. I also ordered a universal dock at the same time also shipped directly from China and once it left there I actually got it the next day. The phone just took a few extra days to go out. Fed Ed tracking says est deivery 7/21. Well see.

Since its alredy left the factory I imagine it will come with 3.0 loaded on. I ordered it specifically now so that I could get the older software. I didnt want to have to activate in the store if I didnt have to. Ill get my IBEC and IBSS first thing while I still can do it. This is all part of my plan.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Thanks

I am old and cynical.
    For a moment there I almost considered the possibility that Apple were holing back delivery of your phone until the 23rd as that is the day they intend to release 3.1
    If I understand correctly, if that is the case you will not be able to JB
    With the 3GS any FW flashing (including JBing) will need to be signed. These signed files (iBSS and iBEC) are generated when you flash by generating a unique code for your device and the FW from Apple's servers. If 3.1 has already been released Apple *could* stop signing files for FW3.0 thus forcing you to upgrade to 3.1 or remain on 'stock' 3.0
    I'm sure that's just me being cynical and Apple wouldn't be so nasty...
    Last edited by confucious; 07-21-2009 at 02:50 AM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

I didnt think about it like that, but nowhere in the UK has the 16gb 3GS in stock. Tried 4 apple stores, including the flagship Regent Street store and all the carphone warehouses/o2 stores and they said delivery is not expected for a while, although they probably dont know much.

Maybe Apple are letting stock run out waiting for 3.1 like you said. My dad had to get a 32GB.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks

Fed Ex tracking says its been picked up and is at the local Fed Ex facility in Shenzhen China. If it does come with a newer firmware I just wont activate it until a jailbreak is available. Which is also why I wanted home delivery of the new 3GS. None of the local stores had a white 16gb in stock.

Thanks

Looks like I was wrong about 3.1 being released on 21st
    Has your phone turned up yet bhz1?

Thanks

Fed Ex tracking has it now in Anchorage, AK so its getting closer.