+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How is using an AUX input with the iPhone? (vehicle)

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Bought a deck that has AUX input and am going to be using it with my iPhone but I have no clue how the sound quality is or anything.
    Thanks

Default How is using an AUX input with the iPhone? (vehicle)
    Bought a deck that has AUX input and am going to be using it with my iPhone but I have no clue how the sound quality is or anything.

Thanks

I used mine tonight and it sounds great. I got the belkin cable and i was in my '07 Suburban with BOSE sound system. Pretty awesome. Ive also used my iPhone with a cassette adapter and sound is very good too. The poorest sound quality is with teh cigarette plug fm modualtor. i live in a large metropolitan area and its area to get a station with no interference, but it works ok much of the problem is because the plug keeps popping out.

jam
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The sound should be as good as your speakers and head unit allow. i got a cheap adapter and it doesnt really effect the quality. The only thing that would make the biggest difference i think would be the speakers you are using. LOL dont waste your money on a expensive adapter, it reminds me of the test they showed on engadget with monster cables and coat hangers.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sound is excellent, for playing music, taking calls while plugged in hands free, playing a drum beat, guitar if jailbroken out your big speakers lol

Makes it so much more worth it

My iPhone is a Part of Me iBlade's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes I agree with everybody, I use it also that way no need for expensive adapter. I wasn't sure if the output of the headphone jack would be enough for the aux input, as normaly aux needs around 200 mV but no problem works great. Plus you can control the volume through the phone also.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DirtyDan's Avatar
    Thanks

It sounds great I do it all the time. I have subs and it's really fun to hook it up and use the drummer application with it. I can make some mad tyte beats yo!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I use my iPhone with the aux input in my Camry. No problem at all.

I had problems with the power adapter introducing noise into my music from electrical interference, but today I got the Griffin PowerJolt power adapter and there is no interference at all.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I have been using mine for about a year now with my ipod and now since december with my Iphone and I love it sounds great I use it when I'm on the phone in the car. Only downside is when taking a call the person on the other end can hear them selves sometimes but really I don't care if they can hear them selfs or not lol.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not to hijack the thread, but how does one keep coverflow on when plugged into an acc jack? When I plug into the dice jack on my bmw it goes to ipod mod and the coverflow goes away. Sometime the coverflow stays on and I lose steering wheel control of the iphone, but that ok if I can gett it to stay on!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There is no need for an adapter, just sand off the plastic around the mini-jack to a cone off any $1 cable and it will fit fine. Sound quality is excellent, even using this cheap cable, but then again my car stereo is pretty good.

@jglover i have the same problem and stopped using the dice in my x5, and switched to straight aux, iŽd rather have coverflow.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I hooked mine up using the headphone jack-AUX input cable. I just shaved the plug down with a razor blade till it fit. But I just ordered THIS to tidy things up a bit .

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I got my iPhone connected to my aux connector in my car stereo and the sound was awesome, also i got to answer a couple of calls while I was driving and the sound was flawless, the only problem was that I got to put the phone near by to speak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If I use a dock connector plug to the aux in on my stereo will the ringer/speaker phone still play through my car speakers like it does thru the headphone line out?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

NM guess it doesnt matter since the SendStation pocketdock line out that I ordered wont fit with my Switcheasy capsule case , so I'm sending the pocketdock back.