+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How a $50 hardcase paid for itself

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
(intro) Having new and expensive devices can be a bit, scary and fragile. I worked hard to get my iPhone(2G) and wanted to get the protection for my investment. I
    iPhone? More like MyPhone BoneCrif's Avatar
    Thanks

Default How a $50 hardcase paid for itself
    (intro)
    Having new and expensive devices can be a bit, scary and fragile. I worked hard to get my iPhone(2G) and wanted to get the protection for my investment.
    I shopped around cases for hours and decided that best logical choice was to go with the OtterBox hardcase for the iPhone 2G.
    While waiting for the OtterBox to ship to my house, I had a silicon only case in which I dropped out of a parked car on accident. After inspecting my phone, I discovered that a couple of small rocks penetrated the silicon cover and scratched the aluminum back corner of the iPhone. I could tell how delicate that this expensive phone was.

(otterbox)
    The OtterBox was one of the best choices for a case for an iPhone.
    I've had the OtterBox for about 7 months, dropped it onto cement 5 times (dropped out of a car two times and fell from about 2 to 4 feet in the air). And the worst it's been through...
    I was in a car(passenger seat), about to shut the car door when my iPhone slid down off of the side of my pants, down to in between the door and the door frame. As I attempted to shut(slam) the car door shut, I felt something stop the door from shutting, I thought it was the seat belt, but as I opened the door to see what was in the way, my friend started to drive off as I looked to see what was in the way. I saw my iPhone (in an OtterBox) fall down from the car door and under the wheels of his car. I yelled for him to stop, and we promptly checked the status of my dear iPhone. It was perfectly fine, worked perfectly fine and the only thing that was damaged was the case. There was a smooth indent at the top of my OtterBox case which showed where the door had hit it. And there were a couple of small scratches at the bottom of the case where the rocks of the assault road had been pushed into. Other than that, no other damage was found.

(conclusion)
    The OtterBox hard case has proved to be strong enough to withstand beatings which can happen at any second of the day, even to the average phone user. Almost no matter what you do with your phone, it's always a great idea to cover it with a hard case to protect your investment.
    8GB iPhone 2G
    3.1.2 - Unlocked and Jailbroken

AMD Athlon 5000 Dual-Core 2.2GHz with 4.00 GB RAM
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BoneCrif For This Useful Post:

shawnblog (07-06-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,491 Times in 5,833 Posts

Wow, great testimonial. You should submit it to OtterBox my friend. Show them pics of the case. I would bet they would love that. Hey, might even get a new case out of the deal...........................O_o

But geez Louise, your tough on phones, remind me never to loan you mine. lmao

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Wow, great testimonial. You should submit it to OtterBox my friend. Show them pics of the case. I would bet they would love that. Hey, might even get a new case out of the deal...........................O_o

But geez Louise, your tough on phones, remind me never to loan you mine. lmao
    mee too

Thanks

An Otterbox is definitely a good idea if you're too clumsy / stupid / lazy / spoiled by your momma to take care of your possessions like an adult
    To live, you have to lie

6. The Following User Says Thank You to redcard For This Useful Post:

shawnblog (07-06-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ouch man. Why not just let the guy tell his story without trying to sh!t on the case that works best for him?

Thanks

Yeah that was kind of a rough comment. I've dropped my phone a couple times while its been in the Flick and nothing wrong with it. The only thing that happened to my 1g when i had it is when i was leaning from the front passenger seat to the back to give my daughter something, the phone was in my sweater pouch and the screen pressed up against the seat belt buckle and cracked it

maybe otter box would have prevented it. It's too big for me anyhoo.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sadhunni's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I love my iphone a lot. I never dropped it on the floor and i have a cheap silcone on now. I cant guarantee that I will never drop it in the future but hey, your case worth the money. Protect and Love your Iphone a bit more before anything happens to it again.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Dont mind redcard, he likes trolling.

Thanks

yeah redcard is a wind-up

But my advice is stay away from cars lol

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

hell ya i love my otterbox, i had one for my old blackberry and made sure i bought one for my iphone, in fact i bought the case before i even bought the phone...that's a great story...i use my phone alot at work and i've dropped it a few times, the case took alittle bit of a beating, but the phone is still perfect...it isn't the prettiest looking case, but it's is well worth it IMO...plus they have a lifetime guarentee, so any part of the case gets broken, they replace it for free...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I would have to say those cases are awesome, and its the worst, you set your phone on your lap while driving, you stop, and go to get out, and what slides right off of your lap.... I think that has happened to just about everyone, definitely when i got my iphone i got a case, and i havent had that happen with this particular phone yet, *knocks on wood*. Anyways, personally I like my incase slider. Otterbox is to big for my taste.
    iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 jailbroken

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Dont mind redcard, he likes trolling.
    I wouldn't call that trolling. Maybe you never read the original post in full. The OP is either making a sales pitch for this grotesquely ugly case, or he's unable to look after his property.

Which one is it?
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    I wouldn't call that trolling. Maybe you never read the original post in full. The OP is either making a sales pitch for this grotesquely ugly case, or he's unable to look after his property.

Which one is it?
    He is able to look after his property if he is smart enough to get a case to protect/ look after his iPhone.

and he is just letting people know of a good case just like many people do with many different products/accessories in this section of the forum.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to southfour For This Useful Post:

Kiserai (07-07-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by southfour View Post
    He is able to look after his property if he is smart enough to get a case to protect/ look after his iPhone.

and he is just letting people know of a good case just like many people do with many different products/accessories in this section of the forum.
    +1