+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: tips on installing InvisibleShield for 3G S

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
anybody bad experiences, things to do not to do do's and donts etc.. which side should I start with first? do i install the home button piece 1st or last?
    Thanks

Default tips on installing InvisibleShield for 3G S
    anybody bad experiences, things to do not to do

do's and donts etc.. which side should I start with first?

do i install the home button piece 1st or last?

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

I do back, then screen...then button.

Just use alot of the spray or windex works good also. The wetter the better...lol. You will probably have bubbles but dont mess with them, they will dry up in a week or two...ya long time but it will look good in the end.

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Cpjr, have you tried turning the shower all the way on hot to make it really humid before applying it? It seems to help me. I haven't tried it any other way tho.

Thanks

Ya ive tried that, works good. Alot of windex seems to work better for me though.

Thanks

Thanks guys, and here I thought windex all along would ruin the screen or somethin guess thats what the spray basically is?

@SharpieBandit so you let your shield chill on the sink while taking a super steamy shower then apply? lol

WOWW ok I just installed it, is it just me am i missing some pieces or is there some defect - but on the back shield near the bottom and top its got some strange cut outs and doesnt even fully fit the phone?

the box says its for a 3G but the best buy dude said itd fit the 3g(s). its weird it seems it has some cutouts that are V shaped like that shouldnt be there, plus it doesnt fully cover the phone all the way to the bottom nor the top

does anyone else have these issues? i installed the best i could the chrome bezel is covered on both sides but the back of the phone isnt covered from top to bottom
    Last edited by bobright; 07-04-2009 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I know in the corners there are places the shield doesn't cover it, but it comes with tiny pieces to go there. I'm not understanding what you mean tho. Can you take some pics? The 3G and the 3GS have the exact same body so yeah a 3G shield will fit. On the Zagg site it actually lists them as one like so "3G/3GS InvisibleSHIELD".

Thanks

^+1

And ya the invisible shield doesnt stretch all the way to top and bottom of the bezel. It kinda stops on the housing. But like SharpieBandit said, should have some filler strips included.

Thanks

Btw, I only have a screen shield on my 3GS. I ordered a full body and it should be in soon so that's y I don't know what you're describing. I had a full body on my first gen iPhone though.

Cpjr, so do you use Windex in place of the Shield spray? I thought Windex was bad for the touch screen??
    Last edited by SharpieBandit; 07-04-2009 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone djjessejames's Avatar
    Tha Hills & Valley of the Sticky Icky Icky...ooo wee.
    Thanks

thats how ALL the new ones r made. The v shape cutouts are designed so they kinda wrap or at least roung the corner. if you r worries use left over shield to make your own custom pieces to go where you want them.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i just used solution

Thanks

i bought 2 BSE... and my first application sucked.. well still sucks... i need to do it over. but might wait till this oNe gets uglier

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    One good tip I found for installing the shield onto the back side of the iPhone is that once you have the shield in place, wrap a rubberband (preferably a wider one) around the bezel overnight. This will help with the thin pieces around the edges stay stuck down to the phone while the spray dries.

Thanks

be careful when putting on the spray, i installed the shield on my phone really well, like all aligned well, but somehow, a bit of the spray must have dripped down the dock, and now apparently my iPhone has water damage :@. lol alwal its still working fine 7 months later . Just make sure you dont let the spray go down the headphone jack or dock connector.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Talking 3gs Invsishield
    I also do the back then front then the button. If you don't want to do it yourself themall will do a full body for $30. I also heard it was good to turn the phone off before you start but why pay when you can do it yourself haha 
    Last edited by devro_85; 07-08-2009 at 02:10 PM.

Thanks

ive managed to get it on ok thanks for the tips, but here is what im talking about regarding the shield not fully covering my phone:

Are your guys shields this way? thats a pretty good amount of area prone to scratches

Thanks

I have a BSE and it doesnt leave that much of the phone exposed... it is not seamless, but it covers more than that.