Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: wired connection vs bluetooth?

Default wired connection vs bluetooth?
    i know bluetooth is easier but wired sounds better and doesnt waste battery....

but my question is:

in my friends car i use a wired connection but when i do that it does not let me control the ipod it just says not supported...but still plays the music that was playing when i pluged it in.

is that how any stereo/wired connection would be or am i doing something wrong? thanks!
    No signature spam or links... Thanks

If your using the iphone dock connector to plug it in, its just not supported.

The pin arrangement on the iphone is different than an ipod, first-gen and 3g. Other words, all different.

k so what would i need to have a wired connection and still be able to change the song thru my iphone 3g?
    No signature spam or links... Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcraven8081 View Post
    k so what would i need to have a wired connection and still be able to change the song thru my iphone 3g?
    this is the setup I've been using for quite a while and it works great for me. I recently added a charging cable to it.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osLFRLL7qOw]YouTube - iphone handsfree iphone in car setup[/ame]

Iphone 3G, Mac Book, Ipad Mini, Vista, Windows 7