+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [REVIEW] Motorola HT820 Stereo Bluetooth

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Since getting the 3GS and the introduction of stereo bluetooth support, well....I had to try it. Ive got a Jawbone already but of course it doesnt support stereo at all.
    plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Default [REVIEW] Motorola HT820 Stereo Bluetooth
    Since getting the 3GS and the introduction of stereo bluetooth support, well....I had to try it. Ive got a Jawbone already but of course it doesnt support stereo at all.

I decided to give the Motorola HT820 a shot....

I grabbed it from Ebay (imagine that) New for $30.

First impression: Wow!

Pros....

1. Dirt cheap price on ebay....retail is $80.

2. Excellent sound quality.

3. Very comfortable, fits more secure than one would think.

4. Excellent range...tested at 30+ feet, without lose of sound quality!

Cons....

1. You look like an alien wearing them

Now I havent had them long so I cant comment about battery life, however Motorola states they have 12 hours music playback, which is excellent also.

Anyways, for anyone looking for a great stereo bluetooth headset at a great price....you might wanna take a look at em.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can you compare the audio to some other headphones? I really cant decide between this and the S7-HD and the S9-HD.

Thanks

Now that 3.0 supports A2DP by default, without the need for any adapters, I've got to imagine that someone's going to make an iphone-specific bluetooth headset that will allow you to control more than just the volume.

I'm not looking for anything too fancy, just a center button for play/pause/answer/hang-up/next track/voice command like the stock headphones have. Iphone 3.0 seems to support the standard play/pause on most Bluetooth headsets, but it can't duplicate the other functions the play/pause button on the wired headphones and the previous/next track buttons do not work if they exist. I'm pretty sure, though, that headphones made specifically for the iphone might work better.

I think it's probably best to wait. Surely some accessory manufacturer is gonna jump on that soon.
    Last edited by Faxmonkey; 06-28-2009 at 02:48 AM.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Yeah more control would be great. Play/pause just aint enough.

As far as quality, Ive only used the stock Apple earphones and some Skull Candy earphones.......but these are far better in sound quality.

It boils down to how much you wanna spend, the S7 or S9 will run ya twice the price of these, the S9's fit into your ear, the S7 or HT820's fit over....so its personal preference.

I like the cushion fit of these cause its more comfortable to me, and I like the price cause Im just using them for work and Im sure they are gonna get dropped or something, lol.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Motorola s305. I got em frys for 50 bucks. You can find em online for around 40.

I got these. They were just introduced recently by motorola last month i think. They are much more low profile and are Extremely light.

They work great. The iphone 3.0 software right now doesnt allow skip track buttons to work and there is video lag if ur on wifi. So try watching a youtube video and the audio will be off by about half a second on wifi.

Battery life when running bluetooth makes the already low battery life of 3.0 even worse though. I plan to get a external battery pack or something for when im out and about with this headphone.

Thanks

I had the HT820s a while back when i bought the first gen EnV from Verizon. They worked well but honestly i was embarrased to wear them because they looked so rediculous. I got the S9 HD and even though i can skip tracks (which im sure will come with the next update, i hope) i am VERY VERY pleased with them.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djjessejames's Avatar
    Tha Hills & Valley of the Sticky Icky Icky...ooo wee.
    Thanks

I agree the s9 hd is by far the best sounding BT headset around right now.