+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about the Incase Slider and the Invisibleshield

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hello peoples! I just need to ask a quick question. I really need a new case for my iPhone, as the one I'm using now is really not great and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Question about the Incase Slider and the Invisibleshield
    Hello peoples! I just need to ask a quick question. I really need a new case for my iPhone, as the one I'm using now is really not great and is starting to break. I think that the Incase slider would work great for me, because it looks like it would protect the phone from both dropping and scratches. My one concern is that the back of the iPhone will be scratched by the inside of the case, since there's no padding inside other than the rubber strips. I was thinking that if I put and Invisible shield on the phone first, it would remove that risk. Now I've never owned either a slider or an Invisible shield, so I don't know exactly how bulky they are. So my question is: Would putting an Invisible shield on my phone before putting it in the slider work, and is it even necessary?

EDIT: I actually have one of those really think tactile skin things from my CapsuleNeo(that was broken)left over. Would that work just as well as the Invisible shield?
    Last edited by Geoiv; 06-26-2009 at 10:18 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Geoiv View Post
    Hello peoples! I just need to ask a quick question. I really need a new case for my iPhone, as the one I'm using now is really not great and is starting to break. I think that the Incase slider would work great for me, because it looks like it would protect the phone from both dropping and scratches. My one concern is that the back of the iPhone will be scratched by the inside of the case, since there's no padding inside other than the rubber strips. I was thinking that if I put and Invisible shield on the phone first, it would remove that risk. Now I've never owned either a slider or an Invisible shield, so I don't know exactly how bulky they are. So my question is: Would putting an Invisible shield on my phone before putting it in the slider work, and is it even necessary?

EDIT: I actually have one of those really think tactile skin things from my CapsuleNeo(that was broken)left over. Would that work just as well as the Invisible shield?
    I have the incase slider for my 3g and it's one of the best cases in my opionion. It offers both protection and looks great too. I also have the invisible shield on the front of the iphone not the back and the case still fits. The invibile shield is also the overs the best protection out there, it doesn't shw scratches, and has a lifetime warranty. As far as your question about wether its necessary to get the full invisible shield, I think you don't need the back protection. My incase slider doesn't scratch the back, although when I bought it I thought it would. Also the incase slider is a pretty tight fit as it is so putting a full invisible shield might effect your abilty to put the iphone in. My advice is to put the iphone in the incase and take out of the case as little as possible. Hope that helps!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Alright, thanks. But just out of curiosity, would the back protector really make it that much harder to put in? It being so thin I can't imagine it would.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Geoiv View Post
    Alright, thanks. But just out of curiosity, would the back protector really make it that much harder to put in? It being so thin I can't imagine it would.
    Yeah it is super thin and there is still a little space in the case. For me its already a pretty tight fit, and I don't think its neccesary bying the back protector unless you take it out of the case often. I don't think it will fit but you can give it a try
    Last edited by isanta; 06-26-2009 at 09:58 PM.

Thanks

NO, I TRIED IT, IT WILL NOT FIT!! i returned the incase slider and got a barely there case mate case, fits perfect with the back protector of invisible shield, metal apple on the back will never be scratched or scuffed