+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Kensington LiquidAUX Bluetooth Car Kit

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Since the release of 3.0 which enabled A2DP has anyone had experience using the Kensington LiquidAUX Bluetooth Car kit with their iPhone? I know this might not be the best
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Kensington LiquidAUX Bluetooth Car Kit
    Since the release of 3.0 which enabled A2DP has anyone had experience using the Kensington LiquidAUX Bluetooth Car kit with their iPhone?

I know this might not be the best solution but simply not having to connect any wires each time I hop in to the car appeals to me. has anyone experienceed streaming music through bluetooth to this unit? Any stutter? let me know how well this unit works.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a different Kensington visor-mounted hands-free unit and it no longer pairs now that I've upgraded to 3.0. Very frustrating! On the other hand I have a small bluetooth stereo receiver (I forget the model right now) and it now pairs with my iPhone and receives stereo signals successfuly. This little receiver has a line-out jack to connect to my line-in of my car stereo.

..Roger

Thanks

I haven't tried that unit, but my car has this option built in. And I can tell you, the quality via bluetooth is not near as good as a wired connection. For some it doesn't bother them, but for me, I couldn't stand it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rcolbeck View Post
    I have a different Kensington visor-mounted hands-free unit and it no longer pairs now that I've upgraded to 3.0. Very frustrating! On the other hand I have a small bluetooth stereo receiver (I forget the model right now) and it now pairs with my iPhone and receives stereo signals successfuly. This little receiver has a line-out jack to connect to my line-in of my car stereo.

..Roger
    How does it sound through the bluetooth receiver? Have you tried connecting your iphone to car stereo via line out if so how does the bluetooth sound compared to wired connection?

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    I haven't tried that unit, but my car has this option built in. And I can tell you, the quality via bluetooth is not near as good as a wired connection. For some it doesn't bother them, but for me, I couldn't stand it.
    thanks for the feedback. I'm really on the fence about picking this unit up just because the simplicity of not having to plug anything in. However, if the sound quality suffers too much I will have to pass.

Thanks

Plus you have to think. The BT connection will drain your battery more and you are going to plug in for power, just use a multi audio/sync cable to do both.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have tried both a direct line-in and a BT to line-in connection on my car stereo and I find the quality of the BT connection fine. I'm sure it depends on the unit. I have not done an exhaustive comparison of sound quality though. I love having no wires attached to my iPhone, and the ability to mount it horizontal or vertical or just leave it on my seat. I don't even keep it connected to a charger except perhaps for long drives. It's basically for my drive to and from work, and around town.

However, my real issue right now is the Kensington not working. It looks like Apple messed up the BT connectivity with this the release of 3.0.

..Roger

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    Thats true. Wired connections are allways ways better.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've actually just installed the LiquidAux in my car and I have the new 3GS. It works fine and the quality is about the same as when I had it pulled directly in. However, for some reason I can only play/pause songs I cannot go NEXT or PREVIOUS which sucks. As well as there is a whining noise when you accelerate in the car, Kensington is already sending me a ground loop isolator for my car which should fix it but does not get here for 2 weeks! Anyways works pretty good but im trying to figure out how to enable NEXT song from the remote on it!!