+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Macally Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery for iPhone

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I've recently bought a Macally Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery from this 'Store' and now realize that it needs to be hooked up to a computer via USB to work I guess
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Macally Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery for iPhone
    I've recently bought a Macally Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery from this 'Store' and now realize that it needs to be hooked up to a computer via USB to work

I guess I didn't read the ad thoroughly enough. I assumed that it would be a battery charger like most -- plug your depleted device into it and after 10 - 15 minutes, it would be recharged enough to use it until you get home-- while on the road, in the train, plane, classroom, etc.

If I'm near enough to a computer, I can just plug my dying iPhone directly into it and solve any low battery condition. I'm not sure what Macally (normally a great producer) had in mind with this $30. item. If I'm missing something here, please fill me in.

*****And BTW, I don't know how the "I Still Use Windows" tag wound up atop this msg. I '"deeply dislike'" Windows! How do I edit that tag?? Thanks!!
    Last edited by edwinsail; 09-22-2007 at 02:45 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You charge the external battery and keep it handy, I think, is the point of this device. Best bet would be to keep your USB charger handy (the one that came with the phone) and keep the external battery topped off for those times you aren't within reach of an outlet.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimbo For This Useful Post:

edwinsail (09-21-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    You charge the external battery and keep it handy, I think, is the point of this device. Best bet would be to keep your USB charger handy (the one that came with the phone) and keep the external battery topped off for those times you aren't within reach of an outlet.
    Thanks, Jimbo. Yeah, I topped off the charger just out of the box. I just now hooked up the adaptor cord that came with the iPhone, between the phone and the "charger". The charger cord goes from the charger to the USB port in the Mac, but bottom line is that it needs to be USB'd into the computer to work.

### HELP!! I don't know how the "I Still Use Windows" tag wound up above this msg. I '"deeply dislike'" Windows! How do I edit that tag?? Thanks!!
    Last edited by edwinsail; 09-22-2007 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone McGeeTM's Avatar
    Thanks

lol start posting good ideas , and once u hit around 30 ull be "green apple" =]
    [CENTER] Honda-Tech FTW

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by McGeeTM View Post
    lol start posting good ideas , and once u hit around 30 ull be "green apple" =]
    I don't want to be "green apple" (thanks).
    I just want to get rid of that damn "I Still Use Windows" tag!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by edwinsail View Post
    I don't want to be "green apple" (thanks).
    I just want to get rid of that damn "I Still Use Windows" tag!
    I think your misunderstanding. the "I Still Use Windows" tag is kindof like a ranking system. If you post enough, your tag will eventually change to "green Apple" implying a promotion in rank. You cannot customize this message.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to omnitool For This Useful Post:

edwinsail (09-25-2007)

Thanks

Windows aint so bad.....apple or windows, there in it for the dough.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by omnitool View Post
    I think your misunderstanding. the "I Still Use Windows" tag is kindof like a ranking system. If you post enough, your tag will eventually change to "green Apple" implying a promotion in rank. You cannot customize this message.
    Thanks, omnitool !! Now it makes sense, although, modmyphone could have come up with a less controversial tag.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

/\ your takin it too personally.

are your sure this device needs to be plugged into the computer to work. i think it just needs to be plugged into the computer to charge itself.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Yup, its just a fun little joke. Nobody is calling your manliness/geekiness into question.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews