Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jaybird bluetooth stereo headset

Default jaybird bluetooth stereo headset
    i picked up a pair of these from target today and i gotta say...so far worth every freakin penny. i have my phone on 3.0GM and music sounds crystal clear. tested calling slightly sound quality is good through the phone not sure bout the other end, ill be doing a few more test calls tomorrow. earpieces are very comfortable, with adjustable tips for better fit/noise cancellation.

kit comes with:
    carrying bag
    usb charger cable
    outlet/usb adaptor plug
    ipod adaptor
    charger stand

everything looks and feels pretty good quality. charges in about two hours. not sure how long the battery lasts. will be testing that tommorrow hopefully.

short n sweet review. anyone lookin to buy a good set of wireless headphones id definately reccomend giving these a shot. personally i cant wait to put these under my motorcycle helmet and have a go at the street! with all the wind noise i doubt the microphone would pick up your voice enough to have a conversation but music volume should be more than adequate to block out wind noise

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shadowcast For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (06-14-2009), Dragon RR (07-01-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,193 Times in 6,207 Posts

What did you have to pay for them? I've seen adds for $99.99. Seemed kinda steep. But, you say there worth the money. Cool, thanks for the review.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

How about a photo? I am looking to get some bluetooth headphones too so I can jam my tunes untethered. Are they buds? How do they fit under your helmet?

Thanks

Jaybird JB-200i:

I got the JB-200i headset as a birthday gift. Sadly, I was disappointed with them. I was doubly disappointed after buying the S9 HDs last week. As far as sound quality & bass response goes, S9 HD > JB-200i. A lot.

The S9 HD headet can be a bit tricky as far as how they fit on my head, but even in that department, they trump the JB-200i headset.

EDIT: I didn't notice the comment about motorcycle riding. You'd probably be better off w/ the Jaybirds then.
    Last edited by creolesoul; 06-15-2009 at 11:43 AM.

[QUOTE=creolesoul;4386141]Jaybird JB-200i:

I got the JB-200i headset as a birthday gift. Sadly, I was disappointed with them. I was doubly disappointed after buying the S9 HDs last week. As far as sound quality & bass response goes, S9 HD > JB-200i. A lot.

The S9 HD headet can be a bit tricky as far as how they fit on my head, but even in that department, they trump the JB-200i headset.QUOTE]

creolsoul, I'm confused by your post. You say you're disappointed w/ JB-200i, and doubly disappointed with S9 HDs, but then you seem to go on to say that the S9 HDs are a lot [greater than] the JBs. So, which do you prefer and why? I've been looking at the JBs and have read mostly positive reviews until yours.
    Last edited by MileHiPhone; 06-15-2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: clarity

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MileHiPhone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by creolesoul View Post
    Jaybird JB-200i:

The S9 HD headet can be a bit tricky as far as how they fit on my head, but even in that department, they trump the JB-200i headset.

creolsoul, I'm confused by your post. You say you're disappointed w/ JB-200i, and doubly disappointed with S9 HDs, but then you seem to go on to say that the S9 HDs are a lot [greater than] the JBs. So, which do you prefer and why? I've been looking at the JBs and have read mostly positive reviews until yours.
    No, I was disappointed w/ the JBs and doubly disappointed with the JBs after buying the Motorolas.

I prefer the Motorola S9 HD over the JB-200i. Immensely so. The sound quality is vastly superior (even w/o the WOW SRS effect), and the fit on the Motorolas is tons more comfortable than the JBs.
    Last edited by creolesoul; 06-22-2009 at 04:34 AM.

I'm hoping now that the iphone has official A2DP support that we start seeing a new generation of A2DP headphones that are designed specifically for the iphone and thus support things like Voice Commands (in other words they would have to have a "center" button, as apple calls it). I'd really like to have a good pair of Bluetooth headphones assuming they aren't too much of a battery drain on my phone and they had, at minimum, all the same controls that my headphones that came with my 3gS already have (volume up/down + center for next track/voice command/play/pause/etc).

iPhone? More like MyPhone DirtyDan's Avatar
    Thanks

I have an older pair of S9s that I bought for my previous phone I was disappointed that I couldn't use them when I bought my iPhone.

Now that they brought Bluetooth Stereo to the iPhone with 3.0, I dug them out and they don't work at all.

Guess I'll have to buy a new pair if they are still the bee's knees.

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents as I have the same Jaybird's and the Moto S9's previously. I've heard sound quality is better with the S9 HD's, but I've been very happy with the Jaybirds. I think they're more comfortable. Also they were recently on sale at Targer for $100 down from $130.

More inportantly, I had two pairs of S9's break from sweat. A little google search will reveal that lots of people had the same problem with both the S9's and S9 HD's. Jaybirds have a warranty against sweat and they supposedly have a new model coming out with improved sound quality (anounced in late January but I got sick of waiting).

iPhone? More like MyPhone djjessejames's Avatar
    Tha Hills & Valley of the Sticky Icky Icky...ooo wee.
    Thanks

thanks, worth checkin out.