+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Earphones

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
So I have my iPhone and I absolutely love it. Now the earphones aren't bad but I have been looking into replacements. I know there is the V-MODA and Shure
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Earphones
    So I have my iPhone and I absolutely love it. Now the earphones aren't bad but I have been looking into replacements. I know there is the V-MODA and Shure out there that have dual functionality. However I really like having the ability to pause the iPod and answer calls without taking the iPhone out of my pocket. Has anyone gotten replacements? If so was it worth giving up that functionality that the stock iPhone earphone have?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

I am using a pair of Shure E3c's which I LOVE. When I get a call, I just take out the headphones... if I'm in the car, though, I'll use the headphones that come with the iPhone.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks
    I've got the Shure headset too and I do love the sound quality...
    the only thing that I don't like is that huge wire that it uses to hook up to the phone...

it's like lugging around a small hose to your phone... of this is only compared to the thin apple headset wires...

aside from that, I love the shure headset...

I contacted shure, also and they told me that they will be releasing a connector that fits between the phone and the headset connection that will have a button for answering and ending calls... my only question is that if it sits close to the phone, then what's the point... just use the phone to end and answer calls...

Just my thoughts...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sound quality on the Shure is amazing, well worth cutting them a little bit to fit in the iphone

Has anyone tried out the adapter for ANY set of ear phones? you plug it into your phone, and the ear phones into it..... then not only can you use anytype of ear phoe this one alows you to answer the phone and talk just like with the ear buds. I think it is about $20 at apple. My friend got one and loves it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

voda is coming out at the end of this month with a pair of headphones that have a button!