Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Housing

Default iPhone Housing
    So changed my iPhone housing to pink today, I ordered the **** off ebay for 20 bucks shipped. Doesnt look to bad. The image does not do justice

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Void your warranty FTL?

Quote Originally Posted by Fhadso View Post
    Void your warranty FTL?
    Well what happened is i dropped the phone and the case cracked off when i was drunk so there was really nothing i could do bc no insurance etc, so i just figured lets throw a case on there and see if it works again, and it did...

otherwise if it didnt i would just buy a new phone.

Thanks

Good call...you could have lied to Apple saying "It broke when I pushed the home button!" and get a free replacement...But meh, whatever floats your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhadso View Post
    Good call...you could have lied to Apple saying "It broke when I pushed the home button!" and get a free replacement...But meh, whatever floats your boat.
    ehh i dont really care about the money involved in buying a new one i wasnt worried about that. figured a pink one would be sick tho!! plus who else has pink iphone. ive never seen one, everyone has just the regular ****. plus the thing looked like it got hit by a truck i dont think apple would be down for the i pushed the home button bs

Very nice. How does the new housing feel? Also, were you able to get everything to get back in so it looks professional? I want to do this eventually, but was a little nervous about buying those from eBay.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Very nice. How does the new housing feel? Also, were you able to get everything to get back in so it looks professional? I want to do this eventually, but was a little nervous about buying those from eBay.
    Ya quality is just the same as orignal housing. I used all old buttons etc just basically change out the back so it all feels really well and looks/feels factory. It was nice to take it apart and see how easy battery replacement is.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nick.ftw For This Useful Post:

Imahottguy (05-15-2009), MaxRabbit (03-05-2010)

Very cool, thanks for the response
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Did the same thing myself, took me over 6 hours to do because of a few little screw ups on my part. What an absolute pain in the ***** it was! Worth it though. Had a minor problem where the metal bezel doesn't fit completely flush with the housing but it's hardly noticeable. Just make sure you know what the hell you're doing before attempting this.

Thanks

I need to get a metal case because yea...the plastic housing just isn't cutting it anymore.

^^ Be careful though, if you do all metal, then you will lose signal...

looks like a dudes hand, and in that case this **** is pretty damn gay real men might wear pink, but a pink iphone is pushing it

Pink for dudes is so 2005. Seriously.

atleast matches his girly *** wallpaper

if you wanna do this but not tear your phone apart you could buy nice cases from ebay
    Last edited by littleboy683; 06-21-2009 at 07:56 PM.

did you buy a complete kit and only use the back cover from it as i`ve just changed the digitizer on mine and noticed the back is starting to split from the bottom where the charging port and upwards

regards

Pretty professional job , Was it hard to do? Have been tempted to fit a blue case on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by nick.ftw View Post
    ehh i dont really care about the money involved in buying a new one i wasnt worried about that. figured a pink one would be sick tho!! plus who else has pink iphone. ive never seen one, everyone has just the regular ****. plus the thing looked like it got hit by a truck i dont think apple would be down for the i pushed the home button bs
    Girly Girl Girl Good Choice

how the finish and the feel of the iPhone with the new housing as in .. does it gets too hot and stuff... mine did after i bot sm cheap stuff off ebay

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I am not a fan of pink. I love only black color in my iphone. I used various cover in my phone once. But now I like to use it without any casing.
    mod/edit links removed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast