+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: mophie juice pack air

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Just picked one up today at an Apple store, and so far I really like this. I was using a Richard Solo external battery to help boost my on-road listening
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default mophie juice pack air
    Just picked one up today at an Apple store, and so far I really like this. I was using a Richard Solo external battery to help boost my on-road listening time because I stream Sirius all day, and although the RS did a great job, it's external way of attaching made it tricky to keep it secure while I was driving. Now, it stays connected, but it has a lot of flexibility, and since I wanted to add even more battery life, I thought I'd go with the mophie juice pack air. This little case-like battery rocks. There's an on/off switch, and a button to check the battery to see what kind of charge it currently has. It'll also allow you to sync with it attached. The price is $79.99, but if you need the extra juice then I would totally recommend this battery.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Cool. Im seriously thinking bout nabbing one.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool. The Apple stores have them? I didn't see it online, just the older, bigger version. Maybe I'll hit the 5th Ave store tomorrow and see if they have.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Yeah, and when you go don't be surprised if the people working there aren't aware they have them yet. I got a "huh?" when I asked where they were today. Apparently they're fresh on the shelves. I checked the mophie website and they were just released to Apple a few days ago. The store I went had black and white, so I went with black the same as the phone. It comes pre-charged, but wont last long. When you charge it, it'll take a few hours til all the LED's are solid and totally charged. Don't worry, it does take a long time using the usb cable to charge it. I plugged mine right into the laptop and let it sit for hours til it was full. It's definitely a perfect addition to have when you stream as much content as I do. I listen to Sirius for 12 hours a day at work so this will really help quench my thirst.

Thanks

Well, the 5th Ave store knew about them, but they and the SoHo store were also sold out. There's one more store in NYC that I will call tomorrow, but its more of a trek to get too. Probably will just wait till the 5th Ave store gets more in.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djjessejames's Avatar
    Tha Hills & Valley of the Sticky Icky Icky...ooo wee.
    Thanks

Mine were on back order since the propsed realese date of the 21st. I preordered 2 months ago and just got them today. Hella wicked little hard cases with a batts built in. Barley adds any girth or lenght. Def a sweet buy if u rock out with yer phone. Plus the purple looks deadly with the white phone. Was using the black one and neglecting that one. Not anymore

A MUST BUY GUYS AND GALS.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I preordered this a while back and mine ships tonight. I am excited to get it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djjessejames's Avatar
    Tha Hills & Valley of the Sticky Icky Icky...ooo wee.
    Thanks

Thumbs up :)
    You will be more than happy.
    Plus blue leds on anything r cool...lol.
    Enjoy!

Thanks

I picked one up today at the local apple store. I must say I love it so far. I went from a 10% battery left to a fully charged battery and still had juice left in the case. The only complaint is that the charger used a micro usb (I throught it used a mini usb which I have car chargers for and a ton of extras laying around the house)

Other then that it seems to be a great case.
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something. -- Jackie Mason

Thanks

The ONLY thing keeping me from buying one is, what if the new iPhone comes out in 3 months.. I am definitively going to buy it, and if it has a different shape, then i will have wasted my money on this... damn! I want it though cause my incase power slider is really bulky and unattractive.

Thanks

I throught about that but I figure it could also be a good selling point to get more money it comes with this case or I am sure I could post it on here for atleast half of what I paid for it.
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something. -- Jackie Mason

Green Apple
    Thanks

Would you consider this accessory to be better than the incase power slider

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I have received mine and absolutely love it. It is very sleek. I was amazed at how light the case was when I unpacked it. The phone itself now has the battery life that most other cellphones have and it has made a huge difference in the fact that I am no longer concerned about being anywhere near a place to charge it. That was the most aggravating thing about the iPhone to me. Mophie came through big on this one.

Thanks

I finally got back to the 5th Ave store and they had plenty in stock. I love the thing also. I'm already use to the new dimensions of the phone and I'm more then happy with a little extra bulk considering the extra juice I get with it.

My only regret it after seeing it, I think I would have liked to get the purple one, just to be a little unique. It wasn't as bad looking as I first thought purple would be.

Quote Originally Posted by JayMizy View Post
    Would you consider this accessory to be better than the incase power slider
    I would. The incase gives a bit more power as it has a bigger battery, but thats not as much a case as a glove sort of thing to me. I like the way the juice pack air looks, and its got more then enough backup power for me.
    Last edited by PhoneLine; 05-11-2009 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost