+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does the Mazda iPod Connection work with iPhone?

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I am looking to buy the iPod connection module for my Mazda. It's Mazda sold and installed. I can't get a dealer to give me a straight answer. They say
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Does the Mazda iPod Connection work with iPhone?
    I am looking to buy the iPod connection module for my Mazda. It's Mazda sold and installed. I can't get a dealer to give me a straight answer. They say the track titles won't show up on the deck, but the steeringwheel mounted audio controls will work for a standard iPod. The iPhone will display the audio files anyways (if it works like a standard iPhone dock)

What I want to know: If I were to plug my iPhone into the iPod connection from Mazda, will the steeringwheel mounted audio controls work, as well as would I still be able to receive a call?

Anyone?

Thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Works perfect on my scion, i know its not the same car, but i would think it would work

Thanks

The 2007 Mazada's does not work.. I would suggest driving by and trying on the new models 08 and 09..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Here's what you need:
    http://www.therpmstore.com/product_i...36fef626af0cc1
    I have this unit in my 04 6S and love it! I mostly use it with my iPod but occasionally with my iPhone. Cool thing about using it with the phone is that if you get a call while listening to tunes on the phone the music volume slowly drops and the phone ring comes over the speakers in your car. I can take calls with it still connected using the speaker phone on the phone. You can change tracks with your steering wheel controls also. This is an easy install! If you have an 04 like me there is a small soldering task that needs to be done on the headunit but all other years this isn't necessary. LMK if you need some help with it.
    DD