+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Suggestions on which case to buy...

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
im looking for a clear hard case for the 2g iphone. let me know which ones are worth buying if you had some.. thanks
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Suggestions on which case to buy...
    im looking for a clear hard case for the 2g iphone. let me know which ones are worth buying if you had some.. thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Those clear hardcases are pretty bad in my experience. They make your iPhone a lot more chunky and they break really easily. I prefer to go without a case at all, or an InvisibleShield. I'd even prefer a silicone case rather than a hard case.

I don't think anywhere really stocks cases for the first gen iPhone anymore except eBay, so if you're really after a hardcase (or any case at all probably), that's where you'd need to look. There don't seem to be any brand-name ones on there though - they're pretty much all just generic 'made in china' ones...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lenny_xenicus For This Useful Post:

shawn808 (04-08-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me dejawoo's Avatar
    Thanks

Check this site
    SGPStore.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dejawoo For This Useful Post:

shawn808 (04-08-2009)

Thanks

InvisibleShild FTW! These things are the best, I have installed 2 on my iPhone.
    I have had it for a good 7 months and i still do not have a single scratch. It still looks brand new .

but beware of one thing, the InvisibleShield spray you need to put on your iPhone when installing the case, was a cause of giving me water damage. I was unaware of the water damage detectors in the headphone jack and the charging part at the bottom of the phone, so it pretty much sucked when i had a problem with my phone, got it sent away to be repaired and then had apple telling me they will never look at it again regardless.

but it works fine now turned off for 3 weeks fixed it :S. Overall a good cover though
    Last edited by lach; 04-07-2009 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lach For This Useful Post:

shawn808 (04-08-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    iSkin!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to originalg00ksta For This Useful Post:

shawn808 (04-10-2009)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i agree that the original iphone is made well/sturdy enough that you don't need an actual hard case for it. i used it with an invisible shield and unfortunately dropped it twice but still in perfect working condition. dented the corner a bit but no scratches whatsoever.

as for applying the invisibleshield skin, you're supposed to spray the liquid on the skin itself and then put it on the phone. do not spray it directly onto the phone. i never had problems with water damage

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jtesnani For This Useful Post:

shawn808 (04-10-2009)