Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Car Speaker for Phone

Question Best Car Speaker for Phone
    I cannot stand having things in my ear or on my head.

For years, I have used a car speaker with a clip-on microphone Motorola syn0614A). I didn't bother with Bluetooth, because this was so good -- it charged the phone while I was free to talk with the very good loudspeaker. I liked it so much I even used it at home. But this was for an old phone -- a Moto V330, with an old plug that has been out-of-style for years.

Now, onward and upwards, I'm using an iPhone which I love, except for making phone calls! My iPhone speaker is too quiet, even when holding it to my ear (and I refuse to do that in my car).

I've used bluetooth accessories and haven't found one that works for me.

Does anyone use a car speaker-phone (preferably wired instead of bluetooth) that you love and recommend?

Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Buy one of those old CD to Cassette converters and plug it into your iPhone. Buy a car charger while you're at it. However if your car doesn't have the tape slot then I guess you're SOL for now.

You could just use an FM transmitter as well, although have fun finding one that runs off the headphone jack.

Default Rofl!
    You ARE kidding, right?

Quote Originally Posted by phineasboggs View Post
    You ARE kidding, right?
    i think he was! .lol

Seriously i don't know of any make or models about about 90% of the accessories that are hands free are using bluetooth. Ive seen a couple of items out and about and the safest bet may be the one that you can clip on your sun visor. I was thinking of getting one myself but like you I'm seriously concerned about the quality.

Thanks! But what about Bluetooth?

Is there ANY car speaker that is loud and effective that works with the iPhone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm not kidding actually, both may result in a loss in quality but are cheaper and more effective.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

Has anyone tried Motorokr T505?
    This thing has bluetooth and FM transmitter. One of my buddies has one and we were in his convertible with a Z rated tires (which make noise on the freeway). The speaker was loud and the other caller could hear my voice clearly.

Check out amazon, it has good reviews.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Riviera For This Useful Post:

phineasboggs (04-10-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    This thing has bluetooth and FM transmitter. One of my buddies has one and we were in his convertible with a Z rated tires (which make noise on the freeway). The speaker was loud and the other caller could hear my voice clearly.

I've got the T505 in my car as well. Definitely does the trick and was easy to sync with the phone.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mwcoexec For This Useful Post:

phineasboggs (04-10-2009)

T505? Hmm. Thanks! Is it really loud?

It is so hard to understand why such a nifty piece of technology seems to have such, um, mediocre sound and telephony.

And it's even harder to get how come so many programs and accessories have been developed, but apparently not many speakers or things that make conversations easier both at home and in-cars!

Oh well.

What type of modified exhaust are you running that the speaker is too quiet?

Honestly FM transmitter probably your best bet...

What is a telephone modified exhaust?

Does anyone use a speaker in the car? Do any of them work?

I have read that "too quiet" is a fairly universal problem, so I'm surprised there isn't more discussion and more solutions.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post

I have a T505, and it is just "ok". It was easy to pair with the iPhone. The two issues are:

1. Yes, it is too quiet in some situations. I have a VW GTI and if going fast on a highway, the t505 is too quiet with the roadnoise. I guess if you have a nice luxury sedan, it would be fine.
    2. It has the ability to do FM transmitter through your car speakers, but the iPhone music will not work through that connection.

It is a nice device, just not perfect. I have not found a perfect car speakerphone yet.

Quote Originally Posted by phineasboggs View Post
    What is a telephone modified exhaust?

Does anyone use a speaker in the car? Do any of them work?

I have read that "too quiet" is a fairly universal problem, so I'm surprised there isn't more discussion and more solutions.
    The bluetooth I have in my 350Z works fine and I have an exhaust system, but I guess if you have a fairly loud car it may be an issue...