Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blown speaker

Default Blown speaker
    Well, I purchased my iPhone today at an AT&T store, brought it home and activated it without going through AT&T (i used mods). Everything went fine and I connected it to T-Mobile's service. Nothing is wrong with the software except I noticed what low volume the ringer is.

When I press my finger over the left speaker (on the iPhone, bottom) virtually all sound is cut off. Whereas if I set my finger on the right speaker there is virtually no effect. This has led me to believe they sold me an iPhone with a blown right speaker.

I'm just wondering what I should do. Should i bring it to the AT&T store to have it repaired, or to an Apple store. I am worried because I modified it to work with T-Mobile. I used an all software unlock and never opened the iPhone.

What is the deal with the warranty in this situation. Considering i've only owned it for 3 hours, there's no way I could have broken the iPhone.

Thanks

The right grille is for the microphone. The iPhone only has one speaker- your phone is perfectly functional.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kruejl For This Useful Post:

brand1130 (09-16-2007)

oh thank god ... is it just me or is the volume on the ringers generally low with the iPhone. is there any way to increase it?

Thanks

The volume is pretty low. I haven't seen any way to increase the volume yet.

ughh hope you don't feel like an oddball because I thought the same exact thing and ended up asking someone on youtube if it was just my iPhone but guess every phone is the same and I bought a ringtone from iTunes and omg they were very low and I sometimes stick to the "old phone" ringtone since I think is the loudest. Well good luck enjoying your iPhone cause I am.

-Chris

If you add your own ringtones - you can throw them in an audio editor and crank the volume up. Thats - what I normally do.

then your ringers will ring better

I had the same thought as the original poster.

Queried it with the guy I bought the handset from - suffice to say he put me back on track with that thought.