+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Metal Skins! for iPhone/3G/Touch

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I stumbled upon this website on accident. They actually sell real metal skins, not those crappy printed decals. Look at this iPod Touch. I've never seen such an attractive skin
    iPhone? More like MyPhone f00fighters's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Metal Skins! for iPhone/3G/Touch
    I stumbled upon this website on accident. They actually sell real metal skins, not those crappy printed decals. Look at this iPod Touch. I've never seen such an attractive skin on an Apple product. It's a black metal walnut grain with an overlaying golden outline over the viewable screen and home button. It's hard to see the fine detail, so click on the photos to make them larger.

They have many other metal skins for all iPhone models and iPod Touch 2G as well. This one is the best looking I could find of all them, but this particular one is only for the Touch 2G.

I am emailing the company SGP, requesting them to modify this skin to suit the iPhone 3G. If you all are interested in getting this particular skin on an iPhone 3G, I suggest you email them and say "I would like to see the Metal Skin - Walnut Wood (Camagon) - suited for an iPhone 3G." The more of us request this, then they may actually do it! Their email address isn't listed, so you have to go their site and fill out a contact form. This is the classiest skin I have ever seen.

Their website is SGPStore.com Let me know what you guys think.
    Last edited by f00fighters; 03-24-2009 at 03:04 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to f00fighters For This Useful Post:

teme (10-02-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me dejawoo's Avatar
    Thanks

There re also alot of metal skins for 3G at the same site.
    Check this out
    SGPStore.com

iPhone? More like MyPhone f00fighters's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dejawoo View Post
    There re also alot of metal skins for 3G at the same site.
    Check this out
    SGPStore.com
    I know they have other metal skins for the 3G on their site, but they don't have this particular one for it. I'm infatuated with this skin. Wow, that didn't sound right.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I got a matching set of skins for my iphone and laptop from https://www.videogame-skins.com/

Green Apple
    Thanks

Man those skins are clean.. Thanks for sharing.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Awesome cases. They look pretty good and hard enough. There is no doubt with it's quality, but I must appreciate it's finishing. It took my heart away.
    mod/edit links removed

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

General opinion on metal cases is that cell/WiFi signals will suffer some loss as the metal blocks them. Just something to think about.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tickintime View Post
    General opinion on metal cases is that cell/WiFi signals will suffer some loss as the metal blocks them. Just something to think about.
    Ive been using cases and skins from SGP Metal for nearly 2 years now, and i dont notice any signal loss. Its always on my mind because a lot of people say that, but recently I had put a mirror screen protector from another site on my phone with an SGP Metal trim on the phone, and the mirror screen protector was so awful i couldnt stand it so i took it off about a month and a half ago, i also decided to go back to my rubber case since when putting the phone face down on the table, it keeps the screen off the table so it doesnt scratch. Once I get a new screen protector i'll be using the SGP case again, but my signal is the same as usual everywhere i go. Full bars at my house, 2 bars at my moms, 1 bar at my mother in law's house, and 4-5 bars everywhere else i go (depending on where i go).

If any kind of case and/or metal trim and screen protector does reduce signal, i think its so small that its not really noticable if your phone is in good shape.

I could be wrong, or just lucky that mine keeps the same signal.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default It may cause you hurt
    Just looking over these metal skins. This little warning worries me though
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Metal Skins! for iPhone/3G/Touch-may-cause-you-hurt.jpg  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Post Screen protector
    Quote Originally Posted by PMad View Post
    Ive been using cases and skins from SGP Metal for nearly 2 years now, and i dont notice any signal loss. Its always on my mind because a lot of people say that, but recently I had put a mirror screen protector from another site on my phone with an SGP Metal trim on the phone, and the mirror screen protector was so awful i couldnt stand it so i took it off about a month and a half ago, i also decided to go back to my rubber case since when putting the phone face down on the table, it keeps the screen off the table so it doesnt scratch. Once I get a new screen protector i'll be using the SGP case again, but my signal is the same as usual everywhere i go. Full bars at my house, 2 bars at my moms, 1 bar at my mother in law's house, and 4-5 bars everywhere else i go (depending on where i go).

If any kind of case and/or metal trim and screen protector does reduce signal, i think its so small that its not really noticable if your phone is in good shape.

I could be wrong, or just lucky that mine keeps the same signal.
    How in the world you put screen protector? Do u need to cut home button and speaker part of, or do ypu apply the whole face protector an then metal skin atop of it?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H078 View Post
    How in the world you put screen protector? Do u need to cut home button and speaker part of, or do ypu apply the whole face protector an then metal skin atop of it?
    I usually get a mirror screen protector, the ear piece and home button holes are already cut from it, so i apply that to my phone, then i get the metal piece from the SGP Store and put that on top, it also already has the holes cut out, but they are more like punch-outs when you first get it.

They used to have several colors, silver, gold, red, black, blue, and some other ones, but they sold out of the others and havent ever restocked yet, not sure why? I've emailed them and have gotten no responce

Thanks

That's neat. I like them.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Dear HC078, you post was very good but in this area you may see this thread is to publish for iphone covers.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

that looks nice

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

do you think the light sensors still work?
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!