+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FM Transmitter Suggestions

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hey, Well I remember looking for this with my 1st iPhone, but with no luck, so I'll come back again. Are there any FM transmitters that just plug into the
    Thanks

Default FM Transmitter Suggestions
    Hey,

Well I remember looking for this with my 1st iPhone, but with no luck, so I'll come back again. Are there any FM transmitters that just plug into the bottom of the iPhone like an iPod? Ive seen the FM transmitters on places like Griffin and other places, but they are all with cars, which is nice, but I would like to use my phone on a stereo or something. So is there anything like this for the iPhone 3G? Griffin Technology
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

I know this might not sound too appetizing, but the iTrip Universal seems to be the way to go. It plugs in via 3.5mm jack, but the cool part is that it has an internal battery and charges via USB. I read on one site that they got 8 hours on one charge, and it takes less than an hour to fully charge. That sounds good, I may pick one up for myself. AND if you use coupon: MRCHSAV09 over at griffin's site, you can get it shipped for $30 via UPS Ground. Now THAT's a deal :-)
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 03-17-2009 at 07:24 AM.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Well 3.0 firmware gave me hope! The demo is pretty much exactly what I want, but a smaller external device. But if a new iPhone comes out, I will have to wait until they make one for that; just more waiting...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Livin the iPhone Life NeoNightmareX's Avatar
    Thanks

I have one at home, but I'm at college right now. It works well and there's no static whenever I use it. I've only tested it on my iPod Video 1G though.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

Thanks

Well... I bought one from best buy. Which, by the way, first sold me one that clearly had been used. The second unit was also opened and the third, and final, unit just didn't seem new. Anyhow I can't believe people buy this model. For me, the unit was completely dead when I got it. And if I have it more than 2 feet away from the radio, it goes to crap. I'm going to be calling griffin about this tomorrow.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix