+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What's the best battery pack for the iPhone 3G?

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I'm a little behind the times over here. Here being with the U.S. Military currently stationed in Germany. But I recently saw the advertisement for the Incase Power Slider. After
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default What's the best battery pack for the iPhone 3G?
    I'm a little behind the times over here. Here being with the U.S. Military currently stationed in Germany. But I recently saw the advertisement for the Incase Power Slider. After checking it out on numerous websites, I like what I see, but it has mixed reviews. Namely, for $99 you run the risk of the battery in the slider overheating or failing.

I like the slider because it provides full protection, extra battery life, and the ability to sync without taking it out of the case. I don't care about the bulk nor the price tag too much...

So modmyi.com crew, does anyone have any experience with the Power Slider vs. other options?

Got a better suggestion for my needs?

My iPhone is a Part of Me dejawoo's Avatar
    Thanks

Imo,incase power slider is one of the best case&power solution for iphone.Go with it...

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a Mophie Juicepack that works very well (1800mAh), but I don't like the fact the alot of the upper phone is exposed to the elements.

I have pre-ordered the Mophie Air which is a complete case with a built in battery(1200mAh) and it is super thin.

I am not into having a dock connector hanging off of my phone with the battery dangling so I was looking for a 'case' type of battery.

The Mophie Juice would be great if I felt I could apply a BSE or Invisishield skin on my phone properly

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I looked at the Mophie Air but I didn't want to pre-buy since I need something now. I also didn't want to be one of the first people to have one and find out it doesn't work as well.

I emailed Incase asking if they were going to redesign their slider anytime soon, but surprise, they didn't email back.

So I went ahead and bought the Incase Power Slider since it's been on the market for a while. After the Mophie comes out, if it doesn't have any major problems I will buy it and sell the slider.

Specifically because the Mophie doesn't show the iPhone as constantly charging...

But thanks for the input!