Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: LF Horizontal (or swivel) Belt Clip / Holster

Default LF Horizontal (or swivel) Belt Clip / Holster
    Has anyone found a decent looking holster or belt clip that is either horizontal out of the box, or has a swivel? I've seen a few and they all seem to have something I consider to be "ugly" when you have such a sleek phone. I saw the ones on apple.com and didn't really like the one with the white stitching and black leather, and another had some strange pocket cut into the leather that didn't seem to fit the design. Links, and/or Pics appreciated.

edit: found this one on amazon (not yet available) and it's pretty close to what i'm looking for, except in the larger pictures the clip is mounted at the bottom leading me to believe it might not be as strong as i'd hoped... (might be top heavy and fall off or something since it looks short)

Amazon Horizontal Holster for iPhone Link
    Last edited by Criss; 07-02-2007 at 11:52 AM.

I bought the DLO horizontal holder at the AT&T store and am happy with it.

my at&t store didn't have a horizontal holder

I bought an iSee case and discovered that the belt clip swivels. Not sure how much I like the holder. I like the case though.
    Last edited by Cire; 07-02-2007 at 02:11 PM. Reason: virtual keyboard noobie

yeah i saw that crystal iSee case on apple's website and it looked like what i wanted, but i wasn't sure if i would like the added bulk on my iPhone from the case.

what are your thoughts?

I acutally purchased the Blackjack leather case from my local at&t dealer here in Michigan and it works perfect. There are a couple magnets in it to keep it shut, but the sales rep assured me that they were too low powered to affect the phone. It fits in the pouch really nice, I can't seem to find the exact model online, but just know that Blackjack sized leather pouches should work for the iPhone as well.

-AidenN-

Target carries a cell phone holder that looks just like the one in the Amazon link., but with a snap closure. Comes in different colors.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B0009Q2LDY

For me the added bulk of the case is no problem. Obviously it does prevent docking. Removing the case is simple, but I have worried about doing it repeated: Will the latch break? I don't know. But at this point I do not notice the case much. I will say that at times it does interfere with the touch screen, but much less than other cases I've seen. For me the price of occasionally having to finesse an edge click is worth the protection. I also have to say that I like the fact that the Apple logo is unobscured. After all, that is why the bashers say we bought the phone isn't it?

I also have to say that I like the fact that the Apple logo is unobscured. After all, that is why the bashers say we bought the phone isn't it?
    i'm not an apple fanboy, but they do make great products. anyone that gives me flak for buying the iPhone is just jealous they couldn't afford it, or wouldn't afford it. hehe =D it's the best phone i have ever used, and i often ponder why phones haven't been like this for the last 10 years.

thanks for the input on the crystal case, i think i'm leaning towards it now, but the docking thing may be a huge downer for me, as i dock mine the instant i walk in the door.