+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BestSkinsEver vs InvisibleShield

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Good thing i ordered bodyguardz ftw
    s2k
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Good thing i ordered bodyguardz ftw

iPhone? More like MyPhone theguyz's Avatar
    Thanks

BSE are good, but installation is somewhat not for a newbie, spent over 1 hour installing and still not happy with my results. Its a strong durable skin, but my mistake for playing with and adjusting and adjusting while soap dried.

Thanks

I have the crystal film set from the Apple Store. DEFINITLY reccomend it, don't even notice its there and doesn't lose style or functionality.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just wondering, is there actually any advantage of a screen protector? I mean, the iPhone screen is near invincible to scratches... and screen protectors can't pretect it from impact anyway. A cheap screen protector would probably scratch more easily than the iphone screen itself. The only thing I can think off is protecting it from spills but besides that I can't think of anything else...

By the way, I tested the screen myself by running a craft knife blade down the screen and it didn't scratch in any way... (just to see if the claims are true )

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techno246 View Post
    Just wondering, is there actually any advantage of a screen protector? I mean, the iPhone screen is near invincible to scratches... and screen protectors can't pretect it from impact anyway. A cheap screen protector would probably scratch more easily than the iphone screen itself. The only thing I can think off is protecting it from spills but besides that I can't think of anything else...

By the way, I tested the screen myself by running a craft knife blade down the screen and it didn't scratch in any way... (just to see if the claims are true )
    Sure there is an advantage to having a screen protector, or in the case of this thread a full body skin. Although the apple screen is very durable, there is always an event that exceed that durability. There have been many cases where earings or some other event have damaged the screen. Besides, a little extra protection cant hurt. Whats a few bucks for extra protection when you've already droped 400+ for your iphone...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You can't go wrong with it. Sure, you could buy a product for less, but why risk it when you know you can pay a few extra bucks and be protected for life? Not to mention, a product that protects military helicopter blades, shoot, if they're available to me, then of course I want it!

I have an Invisible Shield for every gadget I own. It's perfect on the iPhone. Sure, it takes a bit of patience to do the edges, but the end result will keep you very happy. I don't have to be scared to disinfect the item. I don't want something that's on a table to be on my face the next minute if you know what I mean.

Plus, the customer support that Invisible Shield is outstanding. When I needed a replacement for my iPod, I called them up and said I needed a new one, no questions asked and in a couple of days I got my new shield.

Why settle for something that's lesser?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    For those who had the BSE (best skin ever) or BG (body guardz) or IS (invisible shields from shield zone), can you please take a picture of one of the corners? I am interested in knowing which product wraps around the corners well and also, which one covers the easily scratched chrome trim? Thanks!
    Last edited by DocGo; 10-29-2007 at 06:06 PM. Reason: typo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I just installed the BSE total body skin. The corners were a pain to work with but eventually it sticked perfect. My only complain is, the iphone is now sticky when I tried to slide it in the dock.

Thanks

Where can you get the invisible shield cheapest? eBay? or do you recommend direct...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Does anyone know how long it takes for the microbubbles to disappear ? I just recently helped apply one on a friend's iPhone and it's been almost three days now and there are still microbubbles. I'm beginning to worry that theyre not going to dry off. Mind you, it looks a lot better now compared to two days ago when the microbubbles were really really really noticeable. Has anyone had a problem with the microbubbles not disappearing at all ?

This is the closest picture I can find online because I'm not able to take a picture of the iPhone:

It's the same microbubbles on there that's on the iPhone. Only difference is it's not as bad and as noticeable as that one on the iPod in the picture.
    Last edited by mzkaye729; 12-18-2007 at 09:45 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mzkaye729 View Post
    Does anyone know how long it takes for the microbubbles to disappear ? I just recently helped apply one on a friend's iPhone and it's been almost three days now and there are still microbubbles. I'm beginning to worry that theyre not going to dry off. Mind you, it looks a lot better now compared to two days ago when the microbubbles were really really really noticeable. Has anyone had a problem with the microbubbles not disappearing at all ?

This is the closest picture I can find online because I'm not able to take a picture of the iPhone:

It's the same microbubbles on there that's on the iPhone. Only difference is it's not as bad and as noticeable as that one on the iPod in the picture.
    Mine was cleared up within 2 days. IDK if it still looks like that all you can do is wait and hope, and try again if it doesnt clear up. Did you guys try to work the air bubbles out? I know they way they will disappear in a day or two but thats small tiny tiny ones, large ones will stay.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael415 View Post
    Mine was cleared up within 2 days. IDK if it still looks like that all you can do is wait and hope, and try again if it doesnt clear up. Did you guys try to work the air bubbles out? I know they way they will disappear in a day or two but thats small tiny tiny ones, large ones will stay.
    Right now it is not as noticeable as the one in the picture posted. But they become a bit more noticeable on a white background (for example, the contacts screen). Looks a little bit like a wet tv screen. We tried to work out as much air bubbles as possible but the application mentioned to be liberal with the application solution so we followed that and ended up with the tiny microbubbles. We're just worried now that those things will not disappear.... Maybe we should just give it some more time to dry up then? Thanks !

Green Apple
    Thanks

Invisible shield is my personal choice.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RC_OZ View Post
    I have no experience with BSE but I have Invisibleshield and can share my experience. I bought the full body wrap, front and back (2 pieces). Its not difficult to put on but it takes time and you have to be patient. Follow the instructions to the T, use lots of liquid spray they provided or you'll get smudges on the underside of the invisible shield. I have them on for close to 2 months now, I'm very happy with it. I have kept my iPhone in my pants pocket with change and keys, no scratches whatsoever. I have even droped the iPhone once, again no scratches. I have also used it with case mate leather case and it fitted fine with invisible shield on iPhone. Overall, I'm very happy with the invisibleshield. No scratches whatsoever. IMO, invisibleshield is scratchproof period. BTW, no one knows I have the shield on unless I tell them. One last thing, with invisibleshield on, you get a feel of the iPhone when using it, not as slippery as naked iPhone.
    Ditto. My install last week of the IS took a lot of time, it wasn't difficult, but took time. Definitely one of the better investments for the iPhone...finally, I have a GRIP on the phone! I reviewed the InvisibleShield in depth, you can find the review on my blog. I reviewed the 2nd Generation InvisibleShield, that has corner stickers, a home button sticker, and chrome bezel stickers...full protection!

I just got some BSE in the mail, and I will report back about those in comparison to the IS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DocGo View Post
    For those who had the BSE (best skin ever) or BG (body guardz) or IS (invisible shields from shield zone), can you please take a picture of one of the corners? I am interested in knowing which product wraps around the corners well and also, which one covers the easily scratched chrome trim? Thanks!
    The 2nd generation of the Invis.Shield has protection for corners...

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/iphone-...tector-review/
    Last edited by iphoneCDN; 01-24-2008 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I have BodyGuardz... it was already on there when I bought the phone from this guy. So far so good. I've had it for about 4 months now. Who knows how long it's really been on there.

I just now start noticing dirt particles on the corners, but I keep my phone in my pocket a lot, so that might just be me.

I love the texture of it, has a good grip to it.

Also, a couple of days ago I noticed a chip on the screen. I don't know how I did it but I was surprised to see it. It's small but noticeable. I also notice the screen gets a lot dirtier now. Maybe these things just wear down over time.

Anyways, I plan to purchase a new set soon. Just my 2 cents.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

BSE and Invisible shield are exactly the same thing. bought from both site.. go for the cheaper one. :P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mzkaye729 View Post

The bubbles will not dissapear.

I used to always have that problem when installing the bse or i.s. shields. Now I apply the spray more liberally and I am able to apply the shield with zero bubbles. But I don't wait two days, I apply the spray, then skin, and then squegee the bubbles out and in 2-5 mins. there are no bubbles on the screen, none at all. It took me many tries to get the technique but now the shields go on with zero bubbles everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by moku View Post
    BSE and Invisible shield are exactly the same thing. bought from both site.. go for the cheaper one. :P
    True, they are. I thought it was pretty funny how in that review they were calling the BSE cheap and thinner and more textured when they are in fact the exact same thing! Ha. Never tried the bodyguard though, havent heard alot of good things about it. The invisible shield is the only one that covers the corners though so it's whats on my iPhone right now.
    Last edited by DukeL; 02-01-2008 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Actually, Duke... the bubbles are completely gone. I've found that the more solution I use to install, the longer it takes for the bubbles to disappear.

I installed a BSE skin on my little sister's Nintendo DS Lite and used solution as sparingly as possible and there were no microbubbles at all. Whatever bubbles were there were gone in a day. So less solution equals less bubbles.

Not to mention that BSE has really great customer service. My little sister installed the top part of the DS skin incorrectly and asked them if they have warranty (which they don't for user installation errors). However, they sent me a complimentary package right away in the mail. Cant get any better than that!

Also, I'd like to point out that I was using a Bodyguardz full body skin on mine and I had to take out the back skin so it would go into my new Casemate Signature Leather Case as smoothly as possible (the skin added a bit of bulk so I had to get rid of it). The un-install went fine but it DID take out a bit of the white engraving on the back (where it says "iPhone" and the serial number etc) and it's now really really smooth compared to being able to "feel" the engraving on the back of the phone. However, it is still clearly visible and readable. Also, as soon as I was taking out the skin, it had a bit of a black tint color on it (probably because I was using a black silicone case and the color probably rubbed off of it).
    Last edited by mzkaye729; 02-01-2008 at 06:48 AM.

Thanks

I had the IS on my Blackberry before I got my iPhone and loved it. I bought the iPod touch before I decided I wanted an iPhone and when I installed on there, the raised bezel around the screen formed a pocket that held a lot of air bubbles. I ended up taking off the screen cover and leaving the back on. I'm pretty sure it'll fit better on the phone since there's no surface change between the chrome bezel and the screen. Anybody have this problem?

Thanks

Just for clarity the lifetime warranty for the Invisibleshield is only if the shield fails. Ruin it during application or during removal and you dont get another.