Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: soooooooooooo pissed

Default soooooooooooo pissed
    in the search for the perfect case still bought one of those inslider cases the damn thing scratched the chrome ring around my screen im so ******* pissed you try to buy something to protect your phone from scratches and it gives them to u wtf? anyone have any suggestins on a case that is is or if i can get a new chrome ring?

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

You can replace the bezel if you really want too, but 2g or 3g it basically requires you to disassemble the entire phone. Click the link in my sig for an example.

And as far as not scratching or scuffing the bezel, you're prolly not gonna find any case that doesnt scuff it at all. Cause just about anything that comes across that thing will leave a mark.

You could try an invisible shield or BSE (preffer) which will protect it from scuffs/scratches.

its just a phone, not a new car...they will eventually get little scratches. big deal. dont lose your head man. if you dont want to scratch it, leave it in the box.
    just a little comic relief.. but in all seriousness, the chrome bezel is almost impossible to keep scratch free. just put the incase slider back on to protect the rest.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah you can replace the bezel for around 50 bucks.

iPhone 3G Parts - iFixit

Green Apple
    Thanks

dude, did you make sure your slider case was free of inner flash before inserting your phone? I find it hard to believe that it scratched your bezel if you did everything right.
    2G 16gb wrapped in a white incase slider w/ zagg invisible shield screen protector

Default Scratches
    You can buff out the scratches with Nevr Dull. Use masking tape to cover the the body and screen of the phone exposing only the chrome bezel. Use a piece of the Nevr Dull mineral wool to buff out all scratches(this will leave a cloudy residue). Now use a clean lint free cloth to bring back the shine and voila it looks like new. I've done this twice, once on my 2G and once on my 3G it takes about 10-15 minutes and works great.

Try getting some brass wool and see if it buffs those scratches out. That is what I use to clean the chrome on my motorcycle and it does not harm it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    its just a phone, not a new car...they will eventually get little scratches. big deal. dont lose your head man. if you dont want to scratch it, leave it in the box.
    just a little comic relief.. but in all seriousness, the chrome bezel is almost impossible to keep scratch free. just put the incase slider back on to protect the rest.

I agree!
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!