Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: water proof, water resistant case for iphone 3G

Default water proof, water resistant case for iphone 3G
    Anyone have any experience with waterproof cases for the iPhone 3G. I need it for skiing. It will be in my front pants pocket so it doesn't need to be submergable or fully waterproof. I'm trying to find something with a little more protection than just the waterproof bags because i want the phone protected when i crash. But i also don't want it to be to hurky because it's going to be in my front pocket.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Otterbox does pretty well, but it is not good for submersion. It is also pretty chunky, but perfect protection for crashing on skiis
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

use a spare phone! don't risk the iphone lol
    -white 3gs 32gb on 4.0, black 3gs 16gb on 3.2, black 3g 16gb on 3.2 all on tmobile
    -in the past: 4gb 2g, 8gb 2g

Otterbox makes the Armor series case, it's supposed to be waterproof but you have to use the speakerphone lol

Waterproof Your iPod With iBagz | ifrogz
    here theres a bagy thing it works and cheap

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by campingtomz View Post
    Waterproof Your iPod With iBagz | ifrogz
    here theres a bagy thing it works and cheap
    yeah, i only paid $1.99 but bought the fitz adapter b/c i want to utilize the mic on my headset.. that was another $1.99...
    2G 16gb wrapped in a white incase slider w/ zagg invisible shield screen protector

The Otterbox Defender series is gonna be your best bet. It is a little bulky but for what you are asking, there's probably gonna have to be some sacrifice on your part. I have one for both of my iPhones. I snowboard and I am confident that if I go big and fall hard I can pull that baby out of the case and it'll look just like it did when I put it in. It naturally covers the dock and the headphone jack (covers silent switch with 2nd gen, has silent switch access on 3G) That will stop alot of moisture. it also has some type of fabric covering the earpiece the speaker and the mic. To top it all off the screen is pretty well protected too. If you decide to get it make sure to do a VERY LIGHT baby powder dusting of the inside of the cases screen protector to stop the bubbles/oil stain look over your screen.

While we're on the subject North Face E-Tip gloves make a great liner and stll provide great functionality with your phone in cold weather.

Good Luck!
    I would have my URL here so you could hear our music but apparently that's sig spam. WTF?

ultimateaddons is my first choice. It,s really awesome.