Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Skin Ever: DIY with pics - Flawless Execution

Yes, there's one for the iTouch.

Does the plastic edge of this get dirty with use?

From the pictures it seems to be a tight fit.. Do you think you can still get a case over it? Agent18 or the Switcheasy?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

boomers, ill be finding out when my skin gets here. i ordered it today and use a agent18 case regularly but getting tired of the agent case leaving scratches on the phone. so ill be putting this on my phone, then attempting to put the agent case over it.

ill let u know in a few days when it arrives.

sadly my kit didnt fair so well, ended up just scrapping the back pieces and using it for screen protection... could have been worse

mines almost flawless. just waiting for those pesky bubbles to come out on the back. over time they'll be gone

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i followed these directions exactly, and it came out very nice. i like the feel it adds when im holding the phone in my palm now. i like the way the face of it doesn't attract grease or leave finger prints like the glass face did.

my suggestion to anyone doing this. take ur time lol. i felt like i was rushed or something and one of my corners are overlapping but like its not even really a problem its just i know whats wrong since i did it. take ur time. make sure its aligned, and fold the edges over slowly without stretching it. the corners take time to dry/stick so don't be freaked when u see it lifting. jus keep running ur finger against the directions it should be sitting and this will keep squeegying out water until it eventually dry's and starts to stick. jus alternate all 4 corners til they all finally stick. when everythings fine n dandy n dry, you'll love it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I used the skin before on a Blackberry Pearl and it came out nice. It's funny that people use the steam in the bathroom to moisten the skins but the real reason I and many people do work in the bathroom is to have a dust free area.

I usually leave the Hot water running to create the steam then shut it off and let the bathroom clear up. Dust in the air attaches itself to the water molecules and falls on the ground creating a nice dust free work place. A Poor Man's Clean room! lol

- JOhn

Does anyone have any confirmation on whether the skin works with the Agent 18 hard case?

I ordered the skin today.

So with this iphone "Condom" I don't have to worry too much about using it in the rain?
    Thank you,
    David Branco

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    I've ordered another skin for my other iPhone and I'll be shooting video this time on friday for the install.
    did u ever shoot the video for the install?

also, does anyone know if u can use the skin with a hard case like the Agent 18?

just to let everyone know, once you put in the BSE, you cannot use a hard case like the Agent 18. The BSE prevented me from sliding it on and I did not want to use force to rip the BSE.

If anyone has the snap on cases, can you confirm whether or not they are BSE compliant.

This is a must have, had it on my first one and ordered it right after I ordered my iPhone. Fit's perfectly.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingShorty View Post
    did u ever shoot the video for the install?

also, does anyone know if u can use the skin with a hard case like the Agent 18?
    sold the phone (was my second one).
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

if you have 3 hrs then do this. otherwise buy yourself an Anti Glare screen protector and have it complete in 5-10 mins...BSE was horrible with fingerprints as well. Just my opinion.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaxRabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

This is a great guide! First, though, what sort of alcohol should I use?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRabbit View Post
    This is a great guide! First, though, what sort of alcohol should I use?
    Budweiser.

.........or rubbing alcohol.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaxRabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks-will try ASAP.

Thanks

My new BSE for my "16" will be here tomm and I'll be in the steam room with a vid camera ***IF*** the camera doesn't fog up while I am doing it, which there is about an 88% chance of.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast