Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Otterbox Defender case

Default Otterbox Defender case
    Otterbox Defender Case.

I've read mixed review on it but decided that it was the best case for me since I want to thoroughly protect my new 2g Iphone. I meticulously installed the bodyguardz on the front and back but still worry about drop and dent.

It was a tight fit but I got the hard case to click and install the silicone skin on top of it. The oil slick on the screen cover is a big problem so I removed it with a razor blade since I already have the bodyguardz to protect the screen.

The camera and apple logo clear cover on the back is a nice touch since it keeps dust from entering the camera.

The holster is a solid piece and holds the case very snug. I thought I wouldn't use the belt holster but it does such a good job of protecting the phone, I ended up using it.

The only minus is you can't use the silent switch. It was not a big deal to me.

The case maybe thick and too big for some people but I like the piece of mind of the extra protection provided by this very solid case.

Also forget about using after market power or sync cable after you put it in the case. Only the skinny low profile sync cable that comes with the iphone or ipod touch will fit.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Yeah its the beast of protection. Thick but it'll protect.

I have had mine for a couple months now. I have thrown it across the floor multiple times to show how durable it is. I took the phone out and had no damage on it. It's the best case on the market with a holster hands down.