+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: suggestions for battery extender or ways to make the battery last

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I have 2.1 jb 1gen and my battery is giving me alot of trouble recently. It is usually dying by the end of the day. for example last nite i
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default suggestions for battery extender or ways to make the battery last
    I have 2.1 jb 1gen and my battery is giving me alot of trouble recently. It is usually dying by the end of the day. for example last nite i purposely left the phone w/o charging to see if it will make it through the night and it didnt. i woke up saw the phone was dead. im in Toronto, so i cant even take it to apple. need a way to make the battery last long.
    i have winterboard but like mayb 3 or 4 things on it if that makes a diff.
    i dont have video background cuz that DRAINED alot of my battery.

thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

keep bluetooth and wifi off, set it so screen shuts after 1 minutes, and just charge it every night. no matter what you do, if you use the form normally, itll have at most 15-20% left at night, so might as well charge it....

i think it goes through something like 1% of battery every 2 minutes that its on. watching movies obviously drains it faster

Thanks

im on 1stgen and i get 5 hours non stop web surfing fun/musics ect..

what you need to do is turn wifi off when not use turn auto brightness like 35% push 1 hour or manual turn keyboard clicks off ect..you get the idea lots out there on settings..

also when you got that set up try charging you iphone usb on your computer it charges the phone bit slower to full charge but you get better long run time than the ac charger..

if you need to travel then get one of this
    mophie - iPhone Battery, iPod Cases, iPhone accessories and more! - Juice Pack - iPhone 1st Gen
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

Thanks

Do you have Intelliscreen? If so, I've read that it drains the battery too. I also noticed with StatusNotifier that my battery was draining, and the overall speed of the phone was down. I now use notifier, and have noticed a significant boost in battery life and speed.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just bought one of these ipower things here because for under $30 shipped I couldn't pass it up:

DealExtreme: $28.50 iPower 2400mAh Intelligent Fully Automatic Secondary Battery + Speaker for iPhone 3G

It's received so-so reviews relative to the Incase and Mophie versions, but for that price, i think it will be fine. Here's one:

Brando iPhone 3G “iPower” Review (First Impressions) | StationStops

It's cheaper at the website that I gave above than at the one in the article.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    If the battery ever gets really weak its worth it to replace it. I used ipodjuice.com and my battery can last almost two days with light to moderate usage now.